You are an experienced engineer with proven leadership experience, who sees the opportunity in each challenge. As engineering supervisor you are responsible for all engineering activitieswith respect to maintenance-, reliability-, project-, and process engineering disciplines. With your team you ensure that the production equipment operates safely, reliable and cost effectively and meets the objectives set by the overall business plan. You are a strong leader with good communication skills who is able to motivate the new engineering team (8 experienced project- process and senior process engineers) to become one team. With your experience en leadership skills you will create a culture of continuous improvement.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Implementation and acceptance of best practices in the area of safety and compliance to support the safety culture.
- Monitoring the refinery’s process or equipment activities/performance.
- Ensure high integrity for safety, compliance and reliability
- Ensure all hazard analysis on modifications are executed against right standards
- Safe, efficient and effective execution of plant related projects and change proposals.
- Setting and monitoring the performance of technical developments, plant integrity and reliability, projects and change proposals execution, quality of hazard studies, cost control of investments,
- Ensuring that risk management principles are met.
- Develop people and enables their results.
- Lead performance by continuous dialogue and development. Link targets and KPIs to function strategy and business needs.
- Develop and implement a variety of operating principles and procedures (in conjunction with subject matter experts) to ensure that the engineering and maintenance area meets its current and future production targets and quality standards.
• You have a Bachelor/Master in Mechanical-, or Chemical Engineering;
• You have 7+ years’ experience, and worked the last years in line management;
• Hands-on experience in the Oil & Gas, or Chemical Industry;
• Basic engineering experience;
• You are a person that shows, System & Analytical thinking, and has good cultural awareness;
• You are a people manager, who is able to delegate to his team and empower his people. Change is something that will be a constant factor and you are able to lead change;
• You are a good communicator and are able to oversee details, but not directly want to be involved in details yourself;
• You are fluent in both Dutch as English.
Our client in Rotterdam produces (renewable) oil. The refinery produces high-quality renewable diesel based on new technology. The refinery started in 2011 and is one of the fourth renewable diesel plant and the largest and most advanced facility in Europe. To strengthen our Maintenance & Engineering team we are looking for an Engineering Supervisor.
If you want more information:
Do you want to apply on this job or discuss if you match the profile? please contact Select Projects, tel: 010 7995280 and ask for Stefan van der Waal, sent your resume and motivation to: – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren – or use the button below "direct solliciteren".