Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Eaton's Electrical Sector EMEA, Power Distribution Division has an opening for a:
Senior Buyer (m/f)
Location: Hengelo, The Netherlands
The Hengelo location has 3 main focus areas, center of excellence for medium voltage systems, high end low voltage systems and services.
These products and services are for a wide variety of customers and segments within EMEA.
- Identify suppliers to meet the project requirements in terms of cost, quality and delivery
- Responsible for procurement of A&B class parts (non-Eaton products) from third party vendor to meet project execution timelines
- Guiding subcontractors/vendors on technical requirement of project being interface between supplier and project team
- Preparing commercial documents like supplier pre-qualification questionnaires, RFQ, purchase orders, sub contract agreements
- Negotiate & finalize commercial contracts through supply agreements for each project
- Be part of cross functional team (Sales, Engineering, projects and business development) to provide timely inputs and execution through end to end project monitoring
- Responsible for scheduling of projects at various stage (front end and execution) with sub-contractors based on vendors’ capacity and scheduling
- Supplier evaluation & capability assessment, supplier consolidation & risk management & design sourcing model to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance
- Make or Buy decision through Strategic Core/Non-core analysis
- Develop solid relationship with strategic suppliers and responsible executing supplier contracts and long term agreements
- Contributing to the professionalization of the procurement processes, strategies, policies as well as the enhancement of the procurement organization
- Lead cost reduction projects to drive Cost Outs for direct material category for projects, product development, design changes, and zero based costing
- Maintain global and regional communication for leveraging supplier cost competitiveness and global sourcing opportunities
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical /Production/Industrial/Electrical Engineering preferably with MBA
- 5-6 years of experience in sourcing, supplier development & procurement in Eng. Company preferably in Electrical Industry or project business
- Market knowledge and network would be an advantage
- 3-4 year of hands-on experience formulating and negotiating commercial contracts
- Must demonstrate financial acumen, strategic ability, strong business acumen, ability to make decisions, problem solving ability, and strong change leadership capabilities
- A fluent and highly articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills Project Management & experience of Capital equipment’s
- Excellent English speaking and writing, Dutch/ German would be an advantage
- Cross functions team working skills due to matrix organization reporting
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.