The Senior Hydraulic Engineer we are looking for is specialised in vessel hydraulic systems, has excellent communication as well as analytical skills, and a minimum of eight years of experience in the basic design of hydraulic systems.
As Senior Hydraulic Engineer you’ll be working in the department responsible for designing, manufacturing and installation of hydraulic propulsion systems for different types of vessels as well as equipment.
As a senior member of the project team, the Senior Hydraulic Engineer will coordinate efforts during all design stages of complex hydraulic systems and will be consulted during other stages such as production and commissioning etc. Your role will also entail a thorough understanding of customers’ needs in order to ensure an efficient and accurate translation of requirements into technical specifications.
Furthermore, the Senior Hydraulic Engineer has the following tasks:
- Instructing engineers responsible for detailed design;
- Technical consultancy for customers;
- Opting to create economical solutions for complex requests;
- Regular communication with project managers in regards to technical development of the project;
- Acting as a first point of contact for all involved parties from design up to after-sales service.
As a Senior Hydraulic Engineer you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics;
- 8+ years’ experience as a Senior Hydraulic Engineer within the Shipbuilding or Offshore industry;
- Experience in basic design stage;
- Knowledge of PDM and ERP software;
- Ability to cooperate and communicate effectively with clients, suppliers as well as colleagues at all levels;
- Innovative and dynamic approach;
- Independant and stress-resilient person;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.