Within this role, you will ensure that the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately, and test websites across browsers, operating systems and devices. Self-motivated and a positive thinker, you will act as the server administrator, as well as technical lead for web-based projects requiring external stakeholders. Based within the corporate Marketing team, you will need to know Google Analytics inside-out and work closely with online marketeers and communications advisors. As a Webmaster, you will be responsible for the following:
- maintaining, configuring and troubleshooting servers
- generating, revising and debugging web pages, fixing broken links or images
- optimising loading speeds and capacity, as well as updating website content and reviewing SEO
- monitoring and analysing site performance (eg traffic and conversions)
- executing web-related marketing projects, such as the creation of microsites, marketing automation landing pages, and remarketing/retargeting campaigns
- recommending and developing technology, tools, and best practices for optimal website performance, quality and visibility
- gathering requirements, designing, coding, and testing independently - including testing for cross-platform compatibility
- safeguarding site security by setting up firewalls and login pages
- addressing user complaints
- researching and implementing SEO recommendations (changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors)
- performing ongoing keyword research, including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities and suggesting recommendations for organic SEO success
- tracking, reporting and analysing website analytics, PPC initiatives and campaigns.
To be eligible for this position, you must have:
Please note, an online assessment and screening can be part of the recruitment process. Only applicants with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
- a higher vocational education (HBO) in computer science, design or a related field
- experience with web application development in a business-critical environment - developing strong, usable websites and applications
- working knowledge of website management tools
- excellent troubleshooting and analytical abilities
- excellent communication and teamwork skills
- attention to detail and outstanding organisational skills
- a strong understanding of Google AdWords, Yahoo/Bing and SEO/SEM
Over de werkgever
Royal IHC (IHC) is the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.
Wat wij bieden
Royal IHC offers you a challenging job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Uren per week: