Solliciteer op de website van de werkgever
As a Data Engineer, you’ll work with us in the office in Amsterdam or on location with our clients. In so doing, you’ll become a member of our DataOps team, where the requesting and supplying sides of the data loop work together. This could include Data Engineers, DataOps Engineers, Data Analysts and Data Scientists. Our DataOps methodology is inspired by a few initiatives like Agile Development, DevOps and Lean Manufacturing.
As part of the DataOps team, you’ll help our clients process and make structured and unstructured data available in batches or in real-time. You’ll give our clients insight into the problems related to data architecture. You’ll be able to convert these problems into appropriate solutions and will preferably use Amazon Web Services to design and implement these solutions.
Your main tasks will include:
● Advising our clients about possible appropriate solutions;
● Converting epics, user stories and product backlog items to specific tasks;
● Setting up, building and optimising databases like RedShift, Microsoft SQL Server and
● Modelling complex client data;
● Setting up and building ETL processes.
In so doing, we support organisations in building lasting relationships with their clients, so that customer value increases and bottom-line results improve, not only in the short-term but especially in the long-term.
We have acquired a very respectable client portfolio over the years. Our clients operate in market segments like retail, media, telecom, finance and insurance and are based in the Netherlands and in other European countries: Ahold Delhaize, ABN AMRO, Body & Fit, CenterParcs, de Bijenkorf, HEMA, KNVB, Manutan, Sanoma, Tommy Hilfiger, Triodos Bank, TUI/KRAS, Wolters Kluwer, Youfone.
We challenge each other during our knowledge sessions every 6 weeks, which is also where we share our success stories and pitfalls. We consider sparring on contextual matters, working hard together, and, above all, having lots of fun together, important. For this reason, our knowledge sessions always end with casual drinks and with us going out together for something to eat.
Apart from a competitive market-based salary, we also offer an interesting bonus- and pension scheme, 25 paid days off, a laptop, a travel expense allowance, Friday afternoon drinks and various (informal) outings per year.
The ideal candidate has the following background:
● University or academic education; preferably in Computer Science or
● At least three years of relevant work experience;
● Experience with Amazon Web Services;
● Experience building Data Warehouses and Data Marts;
● Possibly experience with other Cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud;
● Possibly experience in setting up and using Hadoop, Apache Spark or Elastic Search
environments or other Big Data frameworks.
Zumer Cankaya 036 53 057 20