Jobholder performs all activities, taking into account the highest level of Safety and Health, protecting the Environment and reporting any HSE anomalies.
*Participating in the preparation of the consolidated annual statutory accounts:
*- Maintains contact with foreign subsidiaries and obtains all necessary information (fin. Statements, disclosures etc.);
- Ensures consistency of IFRS treatment throughout the consolidation- and reporting process, including the correct application of new standards in the financial statements and disclosures;
- Evaluates / reviews remarks from statutory auditors and process agreed updates;
- Provides analysis of input and clarification of details;
- Prepares the statutory accounts and all foreign subsidiaries;
- Prepares the sub consolidations and consolidation in SAP BFC;
- Prepares the consolidated annual statutory accounts;
- Takes an active role in streamlining and improving the consolidation process, using consistency checks where possible and paying particular attention to new or non-routine items.
Maintenance Consolidation Tool:
- Prepares chart of accounts in conformity with IFRS and Group requirements to be used for reporting;
- Ensures SAP BFC consolidation software is set up correctly for gathering information and reporting in accordance with IFRS;
- Communicates to and support local and foreign accountants in use of this tool;
- Participates in analysis, formatting and testing changes in the software.
Methods issues/non-recurring items
- Researches, resolves and documents methods issues (IFRS compliance, position papers) and treatment of issues for non-recurring items;
- Provides back up and additional support to Accounting when needed.
Other activities include
- Functions as back-up for the other Financial consolidation Analyst;
- Manages production of ad-hoc annual or interim statutory reports for other B.V. companies as needed;
- Provides information and analysis as needed for internal and external audits;
- Promotes accounting best practices and compliance with IFRS;
- Provides analysis reports to assist the tax department in the preparation of the annual tax return;
- Prepares annual Group tax reporting for non- consolidated subsidiaries;
- Prepares the annual report for CBS (Dutch statistical institute)
- Minimum level of HEAO (higher economic school) + at least 5-7 years relevant experience;
- Good knowledge and experience of accounting principles and IFRS rules, incl. Dutch GAAP Experience with consolidation using specialized software;
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable working with IT issues;
- Accurate and analytical approach, good organizational skills with emphasis on flexibility, priority management, self-starter, excellent communication skills, pro-activity and problem solving capacity.
Our client is a multinational and they employ more than 100,000 people in over 130 countries. Together with their subsidiaries and sister companies, this company is the fourth largest, publicly traded, integrated oil and gas company in the world.
Uren per week: 40