- The primary responsibility will be to manage and grow existing customer relationships whilst proactively identifying new areas of business to maximise sales opportunity. The role is primarily home office based, but there will be a need to make field visits from time to time to help support the responsibilities below.
Other areas of responsibilities include:
- Dealing with technical enquiries for new projects and questions from existing customers with regard to our products, their operation and application;
- Promote the sale of company products through OEM’s and other channels as appropriate;
- Proactively support the progress of the project opportunities funnel through the various stages by working with regional sales, product managers and customers;
- To support resolving any field technical and or quality matters by providing a technical link between our customers and our global Engineering teams and manufacturing facilities;
- To help support day to day account matters;
- To help support our internal customer services departments, with regard to sales order processing and any issues to ensure the correct product is ordered / supplied and commercial aligned to our business strategy;
- Helping to feed the project opportunities funnel and trawling for new business by using various tools such as web searches, contact databases and market guides etc for new potential;
- There will be a need to make field visits as directed by your line manager to support the responsibilities above;
- Other responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Have a technical qualification (Degree, HND, HNC or international equivalent) in an electro mechanical discipline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, CRM, and ERP systems.
- Have proven experience in a technical and customer service support role.
- Have the ability to quickly and easily develop excellent relationships with team members, customers, and prospects at all levels.
- Be a self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- A full driving license.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
Gardner Denver is a recognised leader in providing compressed air, vacuum and fluid transfer technologies to industries throughout the world. The “Thomas Division” of Gardner Denver has an open position for a highly motivated person with a good Engineering or pneumatic background.