To develop a concept, we are looking for a lead mechanical engineer who can define the detailed scope of work (SOW) for rotating and static equipment engineering in the drilling and utility systems, and supervise the lay-out design. For this position a high level of knowledge of drilling related equipment is required. Safety in design and ergonomics will be of the essence in this design.
As Lead Mechanical Engineer, you should feel at home working in an international environment and have adopted a hands-on approach. You should be proactive, have a down to earth mentality and good communication skills. In general, we prefer candidates with passion for their profession and with ambition to contribute to further develop the organization; team players with creative personalities.
- Supervise lay-out design
- Prepare scope of work for vendors of equipment package
o preparation of equipment datasheets;
o preparation of specifications;
- Review bids and works of sub-contractors and vendors
o involvement in technical clarifications with vendors;
- Give input to preparation planning for discipline deliverables
- Review work carried out by external engineering consultants
- Take part in safety and design reviews
- Take care of interface with other disciplines
Experience & education
- BsC or MsC Mechanical engineering or equivalent proven work experience
- At least 10 year experience as lead engineer of main drilling equipment in offshore environment
- Experience with international design codes (E.g. NORSOK, DNV, API, BS)
- Experience in construction, commissioning and start-up phase
- Good Dutch and English communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Interdisciplinary focus/skilled
- Past experience or working in the field is essential.