• Acquisition of customers by means of making ‘cold calls';
• Visiting customers and follow up on visits;
• Registering and managing the results of customer visits in the CRM system;
• Offering and following up of tenders with sales documentation to (potential) customers in close cooperation with operational teams and key account managers;
• Transfer new customers in a structured way to the key acount managers when applicable;
• Preparing the first transport orders of new customers by smooth transfer to operations;
• Promote communication between clients and suppliers on the one hand, and internal business units on the other hand;
• Providing information and advise on transportation options, import and export restrictions, warehousing capabilities and Control Tower Management;
• Collect market data and support the inside sales;
• Providing information on acquisitions and results periodically.
• Higher Vocational Education (HBO) level
• Where needed, employee will be trained (internal or external) to achieve desired level.
• Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language. A 3rd language is a plus.
Knowledge and experience requirements
• Knowledge of logistics, transport and/or brokerage is a must;
• Proven experience in direct sales in preferably freight forwarding, 4PL solutions and other logistics services;
• Experienced in the use and capabilities of MS Office.
• Good commercial skills;
• Good communication skills
• Be representative;
• Strong communication skills in 1 on 1 conversations with customers or prospects;
• Sales and business-oriented phone conversation techniques to correctly address a customer;
• Good at developing and maintaining (internal & external)contacts and relationships;
• Can work well in a team (team player);
• Possesses a high dose of perseverance.
Accuracy / attention
• Works accurately and systematically, is reliable concerning data of business and confidential nature.
Salary and Benefits
Salaris naar leeftijd en ervaring, uitzicht op vast dienstverband