The request is for a Senior Network Specialist. There are multiple projects ongoing in IT which require this knowledgeable network specialist to work with other IT domains to design appropriate connectivity solutions, coordinate their development with third parties and work with business and suppliers on implementing them with minimal business disruption.
- 10 years networking experience, Cisco certified
- Working knowledge of data/IP networks equipment, terminology and standards
- Working knowledge of Ethernet switching and IP routing including VLANs, access lists, and routing protocols
- Working knowledge of network security and firewalls
- Working knowledge of DNS (IPNS only), DHCP, PAMS, NTP
- Excellent technical documentation skills (such as designing roadmaps and developing low/high level architecture/designs)
- Work experience in large, international companies and preferably have dealt with or worked for global connectivity service providers.
- Proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment, work in cross-functional collaborative global teams.
- Good understanding of architecture and preferably of reference models such as TOGAF, SID, TAM, SOA.
- Proven track record in large international network migration projects is a plus
- Project management experience and Prince2 or PMI certification a plus
- ITIL knowledge, ITIL v3 certification is a plus
- Persuasive mind-set and to make things happen (successfully finish projects and assignments)
- Continuous drive for improvement
On top of that we are looking for someone who has:
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) in English as well as strong vendor and contract management skills
- Excellent customer service mindset. Must be able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and sponsors on projects
- Strong project management skills and able to apply both business and technical insights to the project assignment
- Pro-active, dynamic, dedicated and responsible self-starter with strong customer orientation and multi-tasking capabilities
- Able to work as a team or as a single contributor, and Able to work independently with building designers, engineers, and technology providers
- Ability to communicate business needs to technical people and to communicate and simplify complex technical information for non-technical people.