As a mechanical designer you will be part of the machine that will possibly print the chip in your new smartphone. Everybody has his part, together they make it whole.
You will be responsible for the mechanical development of modules in a multidisciplinary team. Typical constructions are: positioning systems, tooling for accurate assembly of MEMS elements, optical systems and experimental setups. You will be:
- Making mechanical detailed designs with micrometer accuracy. Boundary conditions are: high vacuum, particle free, non-magnetic.
- Validating the concept designs by calculation and, when necessary, experiment.
- Designing and drawing in 3D- drawing programs.
- Making construction drawings in 2D.
- Responsible for design and manufacture of tooling, used to assemble and verify modules that are part of the machines.
- Issue solving and transfer to production of these designs.
What should you be able to do as a Mechanical Designer you:
- Have a Mechanical degree on a Bachelor level.
- Are skilful with 3D-drawing programs (preferably Solid Edge).
- Preferably have knowledge of statically determinate structures and vacuum systems design.
- Design with the possibilities, limitations and relative merits of the various manufacturing techniques in mind.
- Are a result-oriented team player: you ask the right questions and are a good listener.
- Dutch native speakers and good command of English.