‘Excellent designs are characterized by the balance of functional performance, quality, cost and logistical performance’. ‘Catalog components set the boundaries of design performance’. Do these statements match your experiences in electronics design? Are you challenged by negotiating this balance with multi-disciplinary internal and external stakeholders? Can you push tomorrow’s boundaries?
As a component engineer your focus will be on selection, qualification and accurate registration of catalog materials and customized derivatives of these. To ensure smooth and efficient introduction of new materials early involvement in design activities or issue resolution is key. In your job you will be the linking pin between designers, manufacturers, supply chain engineers and procurement officers providing advice and guard the balance between technology, quality, cost and logistics.
- Build and maintain expertise within the assigned product category;
- Selection, qualification and introduction of new components in the ASML database;
- Facilitate and monitor development of customized derivatives;
- Ensure complete, accurate and up-to-date component data in the database;
- Together with the component engineering team guard the performance level of catalog products in the database;
- Lead root cause analysis and improvement actions for component failure issues.
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or higher in electrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience;
- More than 2 years in electronics design, preferably in the field of embedded functions and systems;
- Affinity with production equipment and (cleanroom) tooling;
- Knowledge of industry regulations (CE, UL, IEC).