Specify, design and test main frame constructions and service mechanisms with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs and planning.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for main frame constructions and service mechanisms;
- Creation and validation of new concepts;
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules;
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers;
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability;
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications;
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
- Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms;
- At least 5 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers;
- Knowledge of machine directives;
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness;
- Technical communication with suppliers;
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX);
- Experience with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad;
- Must have before candidates will start: knowledge of NX, construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
The lead engineer reports to the group leader Mechanical Constructions and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department Mechanical Engineering the group Mechanical Constructions is responsible for engineering of main frame constructions, service mechanisms, system enclosures and system to fab interfaces.