The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations and supporting the customers in the use of these systems in their production process. CS Central enables effective support of the customer by providing technical knowledge and process support to the field offices. Competency Engineering is part of CS Service Engineering in the Operations group. The CS SE Competency Engineer reports to the group lead CS SE Competency Engineering.
- The mission of Competency Engineering is to enable our service engineers in the field to be successful in supporting our customers. As an expert in technical communications [competence sector], you will - together with the responsible Competence Engineer(s) - support the service engineers to fullfil their tasks as well as possible;
- Competency Engineering is part of CS Service Engineering in the Operations group. The CS SE Technical Writer reports to the group lead CS SE Competency Engineering;
- The Technical Writer is capable to understand complex technical matters and to present it clear, accurate, and compact to the target audience, which are Field Service Engineers and/or customers of ASML systems;
- Using input from the responsible Competency Engineers, the Technical Writer creates new or edits existing technical procedures in such a way that this information is unambiguous and easy to understand by the target audience;
- In addition to technical procedures, the Technical Writer creates/edits Field Change Orders (for specific updates/changes in the field) and News Flashes (for urgent reporting of issues/workarounds);
- For creating and editing, the Technical Writer makes use of an XML-editor (Arbortext Editor) that is an integral part of the Document Management System used within ASML (Indicenter);
- As a valuable feedback channel, the Technical Writer collects technical Comments from the field on the issued technical content, using the Comments Tool;
- The Technical Writer can adequately interact with the Competency Engineers, who are the technical specialists on [competence sector], and responsible for addressing structural issues in the Field.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical area;
- Preferably 3 years or more work experience in a technical writing role;
- Excellent writing skills in English;
- Accurate and creative;
- Both analytical and helicopter-view minded;
- Quick understanding;
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Flexible but result driven;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.