We want to help people to achieve a lifetime of financial security. To achieve this is transforming into a digital data-driven customer company. To get “future fit” we are searching for a Data Lake software architect.
About the project
The department provides the IT solutions to drive the strategy. Within BIS the Data & Integration department is responsible for all applications concerning (big) data, analytics and integration. We are implementing new technologies to implement our vision: “By providing fit for purpose information, we empower information consumers.” We are running a project to collect all relevant data into a data lake, publish information for consuming in web and mobile apps through API’s and provide real-time data for prescriptive analytics. All this is based on new (cloud) technology using CI/CD wherever possible.
About the role
In this project we need a software architect who is able to sustain the existing solution architecture and bring the data lake platform to a higher maturity level.
We search for candidates who are able to create a difference in a complex IT environment by providing innovative ideas and using new technology. The software architect reports to the project manager and to the responsible enterprise architect.
- Translate the solution architecture to working code. This includes near real-time data ingestion into a data lake, publish data to consumable information by micro services and BI and analytics.
- Designs pieces of the solution architecture (patterns, scenarios) end-to-end (including services, process, data en infra) whenever necessary
- Stimulates innovation combined with simple and lean solutions
- Mentor developers on keeping the design and solution in line with the architecture
- Present solution to product owner
- Align with the architects of NL when necessary
- Be the “owner” of the solution and make sure it is going to work
- Master degree in computer science
- Broad experience working in Agile/SCRUM environments, experience as a scrum master, believer in the Agile manifesto
- Broad experience as software architect in a complex enterprise environment for system development and application integration
- Knowledge about middleware technology and application hosting
- Experience in at least 3 projects setting up Data Lake technology
- Experience in dealing with security, encryption and process monitoring in a cloud environment
- Experience in ETL for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, such as CloudFormation, RDS Aurora, Dynamo DB, Lambda
- Experience with concepts as API management and MicroServices
- Experience in setting up development projects using Continuous Integration and Delivery, with automated build, deployment and test processes
- Good communication and presentation skills, in writing, talking and presenting in Dutch and English
- Skills of a data artisan, can motivate the team and is good in thinking out-of-the-box and persuasiveness
Location: The project will be executed in The Netherlands, from our The Hague office.
Start assignment: ASAP
Duration: 2 months (optional 7 months)