They founded in the Netherlands in 2004, is a subsidiary of Engineering Co., Ltd. in Japan, a manufacturer of products based on the inkjet and cutting technologies. They develops industrial large format printers and the market in which they operates can
be divided into three segments: Sign Graphics (publicity materials, billboard posters, signs etc.), Industrial Products (printing in colour directly on different materials such as plastics, metals, woods and glasses, etc.), and Textile & Apparel. They
develops and sell hardware, software, consumables and spare parts for the complete product range for all product lines.
The Product Specialist role is a key one within the Product Management Department, involving different tasks. This includes introducing new products, market & competitor analysis, and planning sales tools.
- Implementing together with the Product Manager product launching projects;
- Assisting in creating Product Guides, Sales Guides, and Competitive Analyses;
- Conducting product sales trainings, internally and externally;
- Evaluating new products with direction, sales department and other departments
- Monitoring sales of released products in close co-operation with the Sales Department;
- Collecting and analysing competitor information and industry trends to develop business strategies.
- Developing, in close relation with the Product Manager, sales tools and materials based on analysis, and through working closely with the Sales Department and distributors/dealers;
- Delivering those tools and monitoring the results;
- Building up strategic alliances with 3rd parties: RIP vendors, media vendors;
- Developing tools and useful applications for end users in close co-operation with the Product Manager.
New product planning:
- Translate customer feedback into appropriate new product introductions;
- Recommend product enhancements and updates to identify new business opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial, takes initiatives;
- Analytical, accurate/precise;
- Professional attitude;
- Has the mentality "to get things done";
- Being able to "take the next step";
- Being able to work with tight deadlines;
- Experienced in project management.
- HBO level or equivalent education;
- 3+ years of Sales/Marketing experience in the printing industry; preferably inkjet printing industry for Sign Graphics or Textile;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Adobe;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, both written and verbal, presentation skills in English, Dutch and one other European language is preferred;
- At least 25% of (international) travelling will be required;
- The Product Specialist will work from HQ office in Amsterdam.
Salary and Benefits
They offer an interesting job as Product Specialist with career possibilities and international travelling. You will be part of a small product management team, which offers full responsibility in your own role. Because of the small size of the HQ in Amsterdam you have a lot of responsibility and the options to get thing done.