The software engineering infrastructure (SEI) group within ASML is responsible for the software development environment. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community. Key challenge is on one hand to have a state of the art environment to support the newest product development and on the other hand safeguard the stability and reliability and long term support for the growing installed product base at ASML's customers.
ASML produces specific software as part of its solutions and products for its customers. This software is proprietary and part of the intellectual property of ASML. Currently ASML employs over 1500 software developers and this number is still growing. These ASML software developers rely on the software development environment to be able to perform their jobs.
Investigate and implement changes on the IT infrastructure of the SEI group. This role involves taking ownership by writing designs, create runbooks and to deliver high quality changes to our end users, but also to participate as a technical expert in ongoing changes within the SEI software group. This is done in close co-operation with the SEI infrastructure and application support teams, internal customer and SEI infrastructure architects. This infrastructure is based on Linux, Solaris and Windows, mainly configured and managed with Puppet.
Deliverables and responsibilities of the Infrastructure Specialist/Architect:
- Define requirements and create low-level designs
- According to design, delivery of SEI infrastructure
- Coordinate between SEI and operations
- Determine a test strategy for existing applications and services
- Coordinate the migration of existing and new hardware to availability zone B
- Guarding overall quality delivered by ASML O&I and the external suppliers
Candidate is well acquainted with software development, further requirements:
- HBO+ or Academic level education
- Minimal 5-10 years' of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with Solaris and/or Linux Infrastructure
- Configuration management with Puppet
- Virtualizations techniques: Linux Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization or Solaris LDOM’s
- Knowledge regarding management of large server and VDI environments
- Base knowledge of storage, network and database solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong documenting capabilities
- Able to handle issues from demanding customers in a professional way
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible (occasional evening or weekend work) and committed to quality
The Infrastructure Specialist will work within complex application landscapes with multiple programming languages (e.g. Java, C++, Perl and Unix), interfaces and components per application.
The candidate has a hands-on mindset with a strong customer- and problem solving orientation. He/she shows fast results and has good communication skills, especially in an international IT organization. To achieve the project goals the candidate is able to liaise directly with all stakeholders. The candidate has a clear focus on results.
ASML Netherlands B.V.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.