For our client we're looking for an C++ developer with experience using routine software engineering tools Qt (GUI, MVC).
As an experienced software engineer, you will work as part of a team to realise and maintain software applications on the Windows platform, primarily in C and C++. These applications are for the automation of our dredgers, as well as the simulators for this equipment.
You will be involved in specification processes and take care of the design drafts in cooperation with the lead engineer. In addition, you will look after the software implementation, testing and documenting, which gives scope for creativity and using your initiative. You will also support both project engineers and service engineers when issues arise with new and existing sof! tware. A flexible attitude is therefore important.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- an academic level of thinking and professional training
- a minimum of two years experience in C++ programming language and with the OO principles
- experience using routine software engineering tools Qt (GUI, MVC)
- experience with UML, and a UML design tool such as Enterprise Architec
- demonstrable experience, and an affinity with User Interfaces
- the ability to work according to guidelines (coding style and reviewing)
- a basic knowledge of electr! ical engineering
- the capacity to cooperate with your fellow software engineers, as well as other business disciplines, either as a team or independently an enterprising, proactive, hands-on mentality
- the ability to think first and then take action
- a good command of English