The System Owner is responsible for the system behavior and the resulting customer values like reliability, fuel consumption, serviceability while balancing total system cost.
As System Owner you have a variety of tasks:
• Generate proposals for the most fuel efficient, cost effective and reliable system layout, including control functionality
• System technology roadmap for future projects, including benchmark
• Coordinate and monitor timing and quality of the work packages within the Multidisciplinary Engine Cooling Simultaneous-Engineering Team
• Write Functional Requirement/Design Specification documents
• You are responsible for Design For Six Sigma & SPICE deliverables, system design reviews, on- and off-board diagnosis, system performance verification and monitoring, maintenance requirements and End Of Line –testing
You work in close cooperation with several department within PACCAR (Engine Hardware and Design, Engine Integration and Validation, Engine Control Systems, Vehicle Department EU & NA, Aftersales, Production Engineering, …). You also support service and operations in their activities
As System Analyst you need to:
• Develop optimal approach for system modeling, combining good simulations accuracy with low computational time
• Perform simulations to solve technical challenges and give support to the engineering groups in the field of fluid system performance
• Predict and Analyze system behavior and road cycle fuel consumption impact
• Determine component specification requirements and operating conditions from overall system targets
Your analyses and experience deliver an important input in the continuous improvement of new generations of PACCAR-engines. You work in close cooperation with both component specialists and testing engineers.
For this position we would like to come into contact with candidates who have:
• Master degree in Engineering or Physics
• Experience with system level engineering or simulation in a complex product design environment
(typical simulation tools used GT-Suite, Matlab and AMEsim)
• Experience with CFD simulations
• Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams.
• Good presentation and reporting skills
• Proactive and enthusiastic and have strong communication skills, in both Dutch and English
• Excellent technical know-how and Ability to get to the core of issues efficiently and pragmatically
• Design for Six Sigma and SPICE knowledge is a pre.