The Payroll manager will be responsible for leading the Payroll, HR and Compensation & Benefits department, consisting of 8 fte. This position is based at our World Head Quarters in Rotterdam and reports directly to Global Director Total Rewards and the HR Operations. Total number of employees on payroll: approximately 900. We are looking for a Payroll manager who is willing tot start this job on a Salarisprofs contract, wich will be extended by a contract at our client.
Responsibilities of the Role
Payroll and Personnel Administration
- Maintain complete, accurate and updated employee records;
- Process payroll on time and ensure accurate calculations for all employees;
- Ensure the correct allocations to the correct cost centers;
- Produce monthly reports/journals and statutory returns;
- General enquiries and inquiry resolution;
- Provide cost analysis and salaries and wages information as required for budgetary purposes;
- Make sure payroll procedures are recorded in writing and fully up to date;
- Define, implement and report KPI’s to monitor performance and accuracy of the payroll operations;
- Apply and execute collective labor conditions/labor agreements as well as Works Council agreements;
- Apply and execute the reward procedures of the company;
- Stay abreast of statutory changes, to ensure Legal compliance with labor and tax legislation;
Compensation and Benefits
- Prepare and execute the annual STI bonus and any other variable pay arrangements;
- Implement the annual merit and/or collective salary increases accurately and on time;
- Monthly check and sign off payroll;
- Monthly compensating control and year end accounting pensions;
- Carry out monthly payroll audits;
- Support HR with management data;
- Maintain benefits archive;
- Contact for third parties (Pension, brokers, actuaries, auditors etc.)
- Ensure SAP knowledge within department;
- Implement required testing for system upgrades in close cooperation with HRIS;
- Supervise and lead the entire payroll, master data and HR assistant teams;
- Ensure all team members have clarity in their job requirements and that there are no knowledge and/or performance gaps in the team;
- Need to be assuring that there is a very close collaboration with the HRM and HRBP’s.
One of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500 Index. Manufactures products at 58 sites in 18 countries and on 5 continents, and participate in 16 manufacturing joint ventures.
The conditions of employment are of a high standard.