Bedrijf: Clink Hostels
In F&B we believe in giving our crew the autonomy and space they need to do what they do best every day. The Head Barman's role is to support, develop and coach teams, and explore on how to improve the experience of our fellow travellers at ClinkNOORD.
The Key Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for the smooth day-to-day operation of the BAR (and able to fill in an any other outlet if needed)
- You will co-design and drive small events in the bar/music box and inspire the bar team to actively participate.
- Observe, coach, feedback and develop your outlet and the people within.
- You will be responsible for key financial indicators in your area: till reports, cost control, revenue control and stock control. You will do this by analysing the data/results and provide solutions and action plans on how to improve these together with F&B Management Team
- You will monitor guest experience by regularly reviewing ratings/reviews but also by just talking to our guests on daily basis
- Be the driver in promoting the right vibe and atmosphere in the outlets. Analyse opportunities and engage teams in creating the right social atmosphere
- You are the driver of the food and beverage hygiene (HACCP) in your outlets and you ensure your teams do so too
ClinkHostels is a social hub for travellers and fundamental to creating a warm environment are our teams.
- Be the host and initiator of good vibe
- Main part of the role is to be with the teams in operation, support with opening/closing of the outlet, and general support with daily challenges
- Together with Events Champion inspire the bar team to make our small events in bar successful and fun for guests as well as the teams
- Coach and develop your team. We strive for everyone to feel happy that they learn and have fun at the same time
- Assist and inspire the crew to handle complaints and other difficult situations in a proactive, positive and intuitive manner
- Brief staff on promotional offers, up selling, occupancy rates, events in the bar, group arrivals, maintenance/housekeeping issues, etc.
- Communicate and meet regularly with your Food and Beverage Manager and other Heads of Department to ensure a professional, cohesive and efficient management of ClinkHostels
- Prepare the teams monthly work schedules according to the business levels
Clink facilitates great travel experiences for guests.
- Fully responsible for the smooth day-to-day operation of your outlets; atmosphere, efficient schedule, food hygiene, cleanliness, and maintenance
- Co-plan, organise and deliver successful small events, and engage teams in making these happen
- Promote innovation and initiatives that ensure Clink stays ahead in the market by being in-tune with their guests as well as the market. This relates to the product and pricing in bar as well as the layout, atmosphere and music
- Develop/update menus in way that is stays up to date and interesting for guest
All businesses must be profitable to be sustainable.
- Know your financial goals and inspire your teams to work towards those
- Control costs on daily basis (wastage, breakage, staffing levels, correct charging, etc.)
- You will be in charge of evaluating the cash ups and following up with teams on any questions these may raise
- Develop good working relationship with suppliers
- You will be looking after the POS systems and its updating. This is essential in order to keep the business healthy
- You will generate the financial information on regular basis, evaluate and contribute to the monthly management reports.
ClinkHostels are part of a wider community; a community of staff, travellers, other Clink teams, the hostel industry and your local community.
- Bring the ‘In-Tune’ value to life by knowing what is happening in-house, locally and in city in general. This means encourage the crew and people around to connect, network, talk, laugh, and have fun. Take part in workshops, events and take your colleagues with you.
- Build and keep a good relationship with other ClinkNOORD teams, engage team work and support every day.
A very solid Bar Experience with good products knowledge is a must as well as some sort of experience with managing group of people. You are someone that would like to learn the complete package of running a bar that is successful financially, fun to work in and fun to come into. We are looking for long-term commitment.
The ideal new colleague for this role (and our teams) will need to be genuine, reliable, energetic, and persistent to achieve his/her goals. Someone honest and flexible that is able to listen with empathy but not afraid to make decisions. Someone a little different, who loves the travel industry and appreciates working with people for very different cultural backgrounds.
At Clink we believe in providing an outstanding guest experience for city explorers. Founded by two sisters who share a genuine love for travel, ClinkHostels is an innovative, fast-growing hostel business that has currently two locations in London totalling 1000 beds and a new hostel with 750 beds in Amsterdam.
ClinkHostels is a dynamic, independent business with ambitious goals to strategically build a global brand and become a market leader in the international hostel industry.
The Clink Culture is at the core of everything we do and our values are, in summary: Our Guests, In-tune, Dedication and Difference. Our success is built on having capable leaders and an engaged team who understand how to be themselves and bring that across to our guests.
All work areas and all roles in Clink exist to ensure great experiences and amazing travel memories for our guests. ClinkHostels is a social hub for travellers and we enable this environment by informing, welcoming, serving breakfast, coffee and cakes and ensuring that guests have an awesome time in the bar when the night falls. The Food and Beverage teams are the Vibe curators of ClinkNOORD, with full responsibility of the atmosphere.
This August we celebrate one year of being opened here in North Amsterdam. We are located just across the 'IJ river, 5 minutes ferry ride from Central Station. The area is up-coming with lots of building work and developments. Our travellers enjoy the peace and quiet surroundings as well as the close proximity to city centre.
The Early Bird Breakfast - all-you can eat concept for a small price that our travellers love.
The CatalystCAFE - barista coffee, home baked sweets, homemade ice tea, fresh juices and much more.
The ZincBAR – is the social space in evenings, catering for solo travellers, friends and groups. We do regular small events and have our own ping pong table ready to 'break the ice'. We are proud to be serving own Amsterdam beer selection; organize beer and jenever tastings, classic cocktails, few absinths and much more.
The Kantine - our small but enthusiastic kitchen crew is happily cooking burgers, pizzas, salads, curries, and much more. You can also join them for workshop and cook your own meal every Monday evening.