The R & D Laboratory Technician will work in a team and will work closely with lab and process technologists, research engineers and chemists on diverse projects. Such projects can be research project or projects targeting at equipment or operational changes. He/she will be responsible to plan and execute experimental work at lab scale.
The purpose of this job is to provide reliable and use-appropriate experimental information for research and development projects through the use of process knowledge either independently or in conjunction with a functional specialist.
Furthermore the R & D Laboratory Technician will be responsible for:
- Plans experimental work ahead to ensure achievement of project goals. This includes managing asset utilization as well as raw material inventory and sample shipping. Proactively informs others who are affected by his/her work and the work schedule.
- Executes experiments at lab scale according to pre-defined recipes. Asks critical question to the project team to ensure understanding of requests, purpose of experiments and key experimental parameters. Monitors and interprets results of experimental work closely and informs project team in case of deviations from expected results.
- Acts as facility representative. Coordinates facility related activities with other functions like maintenance and engineering.
- Responsible for the safety of his/her work area. Generates ideas to continuously improve safety of work area.
- Generates new ideas and uses them to continuously improve work processes and asset utilization in his/her area of responsibility
- Develops and applies new skills based on project needs and feedback from others.
- Initiates and implements routine stewardship procedures, like labeling, shipping, housekeeping.
In this role as R & D Laboratory Technician the right candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in process techniques
- In possession of VCA
- Excellent in Dutch and English (speak understand write read)