Bedrijf: YoungCapital vacatures
Our company is growing, and growing fast. That’s because we come up with super smart solutions that keep surprising our customers. To make us even smarter, accelerate our growth even further and make our customers even happier, we are currently looking for a senior web developer. Are you the one who will take us to new heights?
As web developer, you will be responsible for developing systems that are used to find work for over 45,000 candidates every year, as well as pay them in a timely manner. Almost everything we use is made in Ruby on Rails. Considering the fact that we have a database consisting of nearly three million candidates from several different countries, this is quite a challenge. And this database is still growing. You will be working on a variety of different projects, based on Scrum and Continuous Deployment. For example, you will be developing and improving job sites, payroll software, planning systems, invoicing software, and e-learning applications. And because all the software is used in house, you will be able to see your code in the real world and improve it if needed.
What does your typical day look like?
Upon arrival you run into a co-worker who presents you with an interesting dilemma. You brainstorm on the topic together while getting coffee. Once you get to your iMac you complete the ticket you started yesterday. You create a merge request for the stand-up in Gitlab and create a new ticket for automatically sending candidates a text message when their invoice has been paid. During the stand-up, it turns out that a colleague has worked on text messaging in Ruby before, so he’s happy to get you started. After your lunch break, you meet up with the Product Owner. Later that afternoon a co-worker challenges you to a game of table tennis, after which you help one of the new members of the team on a problem he can’t seem to figure out.
What did we do in the last quarter?
- Transferred almost all projects to Amazon Web Services with their own deployment street and management interface;
- Completed and went live with a new back end, with a new design using the new YoungCapital house style;
- Merged all front ends into one application.
What are we offering?
- An excellent salary;
- Your own annual training budget to spend as you see fit;
- A good employment package including a favourable pension and bonus scheme, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days (reduced working hours), 1 extra holiday and various incentive programmes;
- A job which gives you the opportunity to further develop yourself as a programmer;
- Flexible hours and working from home are possible;
- You will have a Mac computer (iMac or Macbook) at your disposal and are free to work using the tools that you feel comfortable with;
- You will get to work in a young team which recognises the need for relaxation, such as a round of gaming, wii-ing, playing table tennis, foosball or even doing boot camp;
- A great working atmosphere where hard work and play go hand in hand. For example, our YoungCapital parties are legendary, and you can attend the Dutch College League, for which YoungCapital is main sponsor.
What are we looking for?
- Preferably at least 3 years of experience using Ruby on Rails;
- Do not hesitate to contact us if you are not familiar with Ruby, but instead have at least 5 years of experience using any of the following: Django (Python framework), Laravel (PHP), Symphony (PHP), .NET, C#, Java (possibly combined with frameworks Spring and Struts), Cordova;
- A good command of the Dutch language is important;
- Knowledge of (My)SQL is absolutely necessary;
Who are we?
YoungCapital is a kick starter of fresh talent in the business sector. We connect highly educated, young, talented people to employers, during their studies, after graduating or as young professionals. These people are the key drivers of innovation in businesses. That is why we help them conquer the labour market under several different labels: YoungCapital, StudentJob International and YoungCapital Professionals. Our over three million candidates in seven different countries make ours the biggest network of talented young people in Europe. Our clients range from small and medium-sized enterprises to multinationals and even the government. You will be working in a young company with passionate co-workers, and together you will strive to always achieve the best result! Are you curious to see what YoungCapital is all about? For more information, go to www.youngcapital.nl.
Are you interested in this challenging job and want to be(come) a Ruby developer? Fill out an online application straight away by clicking the application button or send your CV and cover letter to Karen Bongers at – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –. Curious to see what more we have to offer? Check out www.youngcapital.nl/werken-bij.