Our client is currently looking for a passionate and results-driven Junior Program Director Associate to join their team based in Amsterdam.
The post holder will provide day to day support, guidance and mentorship for Programs in Europe and ensure strengthen program development and control. He/she will report directly to the Program Director and the Deputy Europe Bureau Chief and work closely with the Medical Director, Communications Manager, the Global Technical team and managers in each country in the region.
- Participates in the assessment of current HIV/AIDS service delivery systems;
- Participates in development of new program ideas, opening of new countries and organizing the start-up and initiation of implementation phases;
- Supporting the partnership development and communication efforts;
- Follow up with advocacy; support the improvement and monitoring of the programs;
- Facilitate communication within program teams;
- Organizing collaborative talks and follows up on the decision taken;
- Focuses on design and implementation of programs and monitors results/outputs as planned;
- Gives guidance and support to the Country Program Managers in the development of policies that promote strong HIV/AIDS treatment and care service systems and stewardship of new technical initiatives;
- Participates in the development of the strategic and operational plans, and supporting the development of feasible annual work plans and budget plan for each country in the region;
- Participates in development of annual targets and related work plans, programs, advocacy and partnership activities to meet set goals;
- Participates and advises on systems or mechanism for performing chart audits;
- Identifies training needs of program personnel, plans, and coordinates training programs and activities;
- Generates regular country program Quality reports as requested;
- Promotes, advocates, and integrates organisation's perspective on HIV/AIDS related policy, laws and regulations into national HIV/AIDS control strategy;
- Performs visits to country programs for rapid situation analysis and produces report on the situation, feasibility, and recommendations for planning and strategy for needed areas of intervention to improve HIV/AIDS treatment, care and related services;
- Coordinates monitoring and evaluation activities relating to HIV testing, care and treatment.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in public health, medical degree or other relevant field;
- 2 years of relevant public health experience in health systems management interventions in HIV/AIDS;
- Good command of English language;
- Technical expertise in providing technical support and/or capacity building to staff and partners government in systems strengthening; ability to develop linkages with other organizations;
- Willingness to travel (around 50%) primarily to countries within the Europe Bureau and occasionally outside the region as well;
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Valid passport and driving permit required.
Other required skills/abilities:
- Ability to work in a team. Good interpersonal and communication skills and capacity to work with a partner-based approach;
- Pro-active approach and flexible attitude to work;
- Flexible, self-motivating and ability to organize work independently;
- Needs to be sensitive to patient population and issues surrounding HIV/AIDS;
- Strategic thinking, good organizational and planning skills. Ability to prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment and work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines;
- Willing to accept assignments requiring off-hour support as required.
Are you ready for this challenge? If so, please don't hesitate to contact us!
To keep up to date with new opportunities follow us @octagoncareers, Facebook, Linkedin or take a look at our website.
Octagon is a global-minded recruitment and HR services firm with 20+ years of experience in the European and international market. We help international companies with their recruitment needs, providing flexible solutions customized to fit each specific case. With internal functional specializations in the fields of Finance, IT, Sales & Marketing, Business Support (HR, Procurement, Legal, Support/Admin), we keep our expertise and knowledge up to speed with market developments to best utilize our large network of professionals and provide high quality services to our clients.