The Senior Network engineer delivers Network Projects, aimed at the expansion and upgrade of the global network & security infrastructure including (re)design, development, support and maintenance. These activities are carried out for the datacenters, as well as the company network. This is a high impact function within the business as all active components in the network infrastructure are essential to the successful operations of the company as a whole.
The position reports directly to the Manager ICT Infrastructure and is part of a team of three Network Engineers. The position is partly operational, partly design/redesign.
- Project Engineering, Implementation of Network Components, primarily Layer 3 Switches.
- Architecture and design of the International network.
- Design, develops and maintains landscape charts of network.
- Design, develops and maintains procedures for network usage.
- Design, develops and maintains an IP (ranges) plan.
- Design, develops and maintains the multi homed (BGP) internet connection.
- Provides technical expertise in the management of the ICT network.
- 3rd Line support of escalated incidents.
- Co-performs technical analyses of software, hardware and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations.
- Monitors data traffic and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission. Checks log files and relevant monitoring systems on a day-to-day basis.
- Security/Firewall Administration.
- Tests and analyses network facilities including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters and servers
- Provides out of hours network administration support, on-call basis 1 in three weeks.
- International travel required at times.
- Minimum CCNP level
- Experience in implementation and support of Nexus & Catalyst Switches.
- Must have experience with both BGP and OSPF,
- VMWare (networking) experience.
- Firewall Administration with Checkpoint and preferably Fortinet.
- Preferably experience with Brocade/Foundry switches.
- Education level is HBO ICT related studies.
- 5 or more years of work experience in an extensive, international network environment.
- Experience in working in a multi-vendor environment (able to maintain different ‘languages’).
- Experience on telephony infrastructure considered a major plus.
- Fluent in English, both written and orally, and preferably Dutch. Other European languages are an advantage
- Good communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to manage projects through to conclusion.
- Strong discipline; organized and structured way of working.
- Attention to detail.
- Risk aware; knows how to assess risks and how to communicate these risk to stakeholders.
- No 9 to 5 mentality.