International publishing organisation.
Please register directly on our website through "Mijn Unique" on www.unique.nl. With this registration you can upload your CV and automatically apply to any vacancy you are interested in. Your details will be automatically uploaded in our database and accessible throughout the entire country.
For more information please contact Ritsa Paraskevopoulou at 010-5032900
About the job:
As a member of the Abstracting & Indexing team, the Abstracting & Indexing specialist is responsible for driving the coverage of all journals by appropriate A&I services to ensure the visibility, discoverability and utilization of the journals, i.e. to increase readership, submissions and citations by working closely together with the A&I manager. Ideally, the candidate will have prior book and/or journal acquisition, sales, customer service, or production experience in the Science, Technology Medicine (STM), academic, or library markets. This position is a real opportunity for a self-motivated individual.
- Reporting to and collaborating with Abstracting & Indexing (A&I) Manager on Abstracting & Indexing data verification processes, coordination of data updates, and ensuring data integrity
- Providing minutes, reports and analyses to A&I Manager with recommendations for decision making
- Serving as a subject matter expert (Abstracting & Indexing reference services) to support internal publishing teams
- Keeps abreast of latest trends and developments in the area of A&I services
- Resolving problems with missing content working closely with internal publishing teams, external Abstracting & Indexing services and internal production teams to efficiently resolve issues
- Working closely with internal and external business stakeholders to resolve and prevent customer service issues
- Developing and maintaining documentation on theory and tools for citation analyses (using Web of Science/InCites and/or alternative metrics)
- Assist with developing documentation for presentations and training
- Working closely together with the PDM (Publishing Data Management) and DDS (Data Delivery Service) teams
- Bachelor's Degree (with some research work or experience with Scholarly Publishing)
- Good problem solving and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills of which a service-oriented attitude is key
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (primary language: English)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaborate in a team environment
- Familiarity with searching various databases such as Web of Science, PubMed/MEDLINE, Scopus
- Basic knowledge of bibliometrics
- Proficient in MS Office & MS Windows environment (i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of relational databases
Salary and Benefits
- Full Time position for 36 hours
- Fixed term position
- Salary € 2700-2800 gross per month based on 36 hours