The Van Rees Group, headquartered in the Netherlands, distinguishes itself as one of the leading international suppliers and processors of tea. The core business is worldwide buying in bulk, trading, blending and distribution of tea. The head office is located in Rotterdam. The other 11 offices are located in Canada, United Kingdom, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, United Arab Emirates, Russia and India. In Dongen Van Rees operates a modern tea blending, storage and packing facility. In-depth product knowledge, a sophisticated market approach and a global network form the basis for the success of the company. A long history has made the name Van Rees well known and recognised in the tea business.
The Group forms part of Amsterdam Commodities N.V. (www.acomo.nl), a Dutch listed trading company specialised in food products and founded in 1908.
Van Rees has a transaction-oriented commercial culture and a strong international character, with respect for other people, cultures and practices taken for granted. The atmosphere is open, informal and pragmatic.
To strengthen and expand our international commercial team, we are currently looking for a
international working environment
As junior trader you will start in the Rotterdam head office with a thorough familiarisation period on tea and the organisation. During this period, you will learn and experience in practice the commercial aspects of our business, which includes purchasing, selling and the use of marketing tools, along with tea tasting and grading. You will be trained as a tea specialist for which purpose you are expected to work in one or more of our overseas offices for a period of time.
A practical and analytical approach, initiative, creativity, perseverance, determination and an ability to think laterally are keys to becoming successful in this company.
- Higher education or graduate level
- 2-3 years of commercial work experience
- Self-starter and deal maker with an instinctive commercial feeling
- Strong communication skills
- Good numerical skills
- Willingness to travel and live abroad is a must
- Able to work with all nationalities and have strong customer focus
- Positive ‘can do’ mentality
- Strong team player
- Pragmatic and flexible attitude
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken
- A dynamic, unusual, interesting and commercial job in the global tea market.
- Personal growth and advancement possibilities for a successful candidate are a natural career progression.
- Remuneration package commensurate with experience and in line with the Van Rees Group pay structure.
Please send your application, including C.V., to: – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –.
For further enquiries please contact Nelleke Hollanders, HR Manager Van Rees Group, at +31 10 4021777.
Closing date for applications:
31 October 2016