Octagon professional is currently looking for an English speaking Project Controller to join the international and dynamic environment of the European Space Agency. If you have experience in the support of large projects, you possess effective communication and organizational skills, read below for more information!
The post holder will be responsible for Project Control activities of one or more of the Department's Earth Explorer projects. As such, (s)he will be assigned to and directly support the respective project managers(s) and will liaise closely with related services inside and outside the Directorate.
The post holder will report hierarchically to the Head of the Earth Explorer Project Control Section in the Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to the project manager(s) of the project(s) that (s)he is assigned to.
- Preparing, maintaining and reporting on the overall programmatic aspects (cost, finance, schedule, industrial return, risk, progress control as well as general project administration) of the project/missions, utilising established procedures and information systems;
- Preparing, maintaining and reporting on status of the project/mission Cost At Completion (including space segment, payload, launch, ground segment and Agency provided services), including annual cost plans and manpower planning. Identifying and reporting potential problem areas and proposing remedial actions in coordination with the project manager(s);
- Preparing, administrating and monitoring of Project procurement actions (Contracts, Purchase Orders, etc.) within ESA SAP system (esa-p) or other tools as required;
- Monitoring and reporting on overall financial status of industrial contracts and internal costs, including overheads, for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations;
- Preparing forward looking estimates relevant to project specific data evolution. Maintenance of historical project databases and Project Plan Annexes;
- Monitoring industrial contracts and interfacing with Industry on all financial and administrative matters to ensure their compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, schedule, risks, industrial return, reporting including deviations from plans and trends;
- Contributing to the preparation of contract change documents, participating in Contract/Change negotiations and Change Control/Review Boards;
- Supporting the Head of the Earth Explorer Project Control Section in executing the section's duties, including participation in the definition, maintenance and improvement of the project control procedures and computerized information and controlling systems;
- Assist in the preparation of project(s) audits.
- A Master's Degree in a relevant field and at least 4 years of experience in the Administration and Control of large projects, in the use of planning and project control tools;
- Good command of English - written and oral;
- Significant experience with SAP system. In budget and accounting SAP software and databases is desired;
- Good knowledge of Excel is an asset;
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellent planning and organisation skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment;
- They must possess good judgement, integrity and good communications skills.
Interested in this new challenge? We look forward to hearing from you!
To keep up to date with new opportunities follow us @octagoncareers, Facebook, Linkedin or take a look at our website.
Octagon is a global-minded recruitment and HR services firm with 20+ years of experience in the European and international market. We help international companies with their recruitment needs, providing flexible solutions customized to fit each specific case. With internal functional specializations in the fields of Finance, IT, Sales & Marketing, Business Support (HR, Procurement, Legal, Support/Admin), we keep our expertise and knowledge up to speed with market developments to best utilize our large network of professionals and provide high quality services to our clients.