Are you interested in supporting a team in a complex and international environment? Do you speak fluent English and have a good knowledge of French and Dutch? Octagon Professionals is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the innovative environment of the European Space Agency.
- Coordinating actions with other secretaries of the department;
- Organizing and coordinating high-level meetings (e.g. Steering Boards) with Industry;
- Collecting information and documents necessary for the Division Staff to take actions on given issues;
- Analyzing incoming mails and e-mails and presenting these data in an organized and prioritized manner. Ensuring that important and urgent mail reaches staff to insure timely responses;
- Ensuring the diffusion of information between the Division Head and SmallGEO and Electra Teams;
- Answering incoming calls, performing a pre-screening of these calls and keeping organized records of them.
- Preparation of staff missions and travel arrangements;
- Supporting the Division Head and TIA-PS staff in the preparation and follow up of administrative, organizational and contractual matters;
- Composing routine correspondence and keeping a filing system for incoming/outgoing mail. Generating documents and textual and graphics presentations;
- Check for correct authorization, substantiating documentation and adherence to Agency rules and practice (ref. leave, mission, conference, authorization with regards to Staff Rules and Regulations, as well as financial procedures);
- For the execution of the tasks the contractor will be expected to use related ESA Corporate software tools, documentations systems, and databases and interface with the relevant actors across the Agency;
- Provide Support to ensure the implementation and operations of the Department Documentation Management System in accordance with the ISO requirements and TIA processes;
- Establishing and maintaining the structure, records and files on the Management Information Systems such as Eclipse and Daptiv. Interfacing and providing support to department staff on administrative matters related to use of the relevant systems;
- Supporting the ISO management system and processes. Support to reviews and audits, and preparation of files as background for meetings and special studies;
- Planning/coordinating the commitments and meetings, organizing calendar and keeping the Division Head informed on all issues of concern. Supervising the preparation of files for such meetings and any special subjects;
- 5+ years of administrative assistant experience at the executive level;
- Fluent English and a good knowledge of French and Dutch;
- Secondary education and professional training in administrative techniques or in secretarial related activities;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio and Outlook;
- A good knowledge of the various ESA tools (MAS, ESA-P, Eclipse, Time Sheet, Flexi-time…) is an asset;
- Good Knowledge of Documentation Management System;
Ready to work at the European Space Agency? Apply now!
To keep up to date with new opportunities follow us @octagoncareers, Facebook, Linkedin or take a look at our website.
Octagon is a global-minded recruitment and HR services firm with 20+ years of experience in the European and international market. We help international companies with their recruitment needs, providing flexible solutions customized to fit each specific case. With internal functional specializations in the fields of Finance, IT, Sales & Marketing, Business Support (HR, Procurement, Legal, Support/Admin), we keep our expertise and knowledge up to speed with market developments to best utilize our large network of professionals and provide high quality services to our clients.