Bedrijf: PPHE Hotel Group
What we are looking for:
- Successfully completed a master degree in finance
- Proven track record of at least 5-7 years of experience as financial controller in a Business to Consumer “B2C” environment
- The ability to work with tight deadlines
- Has ample experience in Stakeholder management
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial commercial focus
- Has desired impact and influence on others in all forms of communication and communicates well on different levels.
- Takes the lead and provides a positive role model for team members
- Maintains a strategic focus on delivering the vision
You will be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.
Explore Park Plaza, please apply via parkplazacareers.com.
Do you love delivering inspirational service? As a Senior Financial Controller for the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport and Park Plaza Vondelpark, you will support in determining the right (financial) direction by providing strategic & financial analyses on business related challenges.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and a personalised touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
You will be part of the local hotel management team and act as a financial business partner to two local General Managers. You will support in determining the right (financial) direction by providing strategic & financial analyses on business related challenges. The business controller is able to clearly articulate the performance management standards and advice the General Managers on the financial implications of the decisions he or she is taking. The business controller timely identifies risks and is able to mitigate these risks to ensure that the (financial) processes within the hotel are executed to a high standard.
Job role responsibilities below:
- Problem solving: Solve interrelated financial challenges within the various financial processes of PPHE Hotel Group which have a global impact on process, policy and performance metrics.
- Management Information and Business Decision Support: Consult local hotel management on the development of strategic plans and measures progress on the budget and possible improvement opportunities that will help to achieve hotel objectives.
- Business Strategy: Contribute to corporate strategy development and translates this into a local strategic plan and budget. Follow relevant trends and developments in the hospitality industry and in the hotel and contribute to the development of the PPHE strategic plan on a hotel level. Track performance on budget and implements policies accordingly.
- Leadership: Lead in a complex environment and set up controls and boundaries to manage the performance of multiple processes effectively. Able to lead on shore finance administrative team members based in the hotel. Helps team members in their development of skills.
- Performance Management: Analyse the entire performance of a hotel based on financial metrics that have been aligned with the local hotel management team. Measure the effectiveness of end to end processes and identify new business information needs based on financial, operational and external data sources. This data is translated into useful forecasts and scenarios that help in improving the performance in hotels.
- Influencing: Identify relevant business developments (financial, operational, and external) and act as a business partner to the General Managers in achieving business objectives.
- Process improvements: Contribute to the management control of business processes by ensuring that the processes are performed to a high standard and contribute to the hotel’s objectives. Proactively suggest ideas that make processes more effective and efficient. Act as a project manager in multidisciplinary projects for the implementation of improvements of a process.
- Risk management: Signal and acknowledge risks and facilitate the design of control measures to monitor risks. Actively monitor the risk and in case of exceedance escalate to the responsible person accordingly.
- Stakeholder management: Carefully build a network within the local hotel and the rest of PPHE Hotel Group in order to be up to date with the latest developments on the work floor and within the group. You are able to understand the impact of these developments on the objectives and operating model.
- Knowledge development: Proactively develop own skills and knowledge in the area of business control. Able to transfer knowledge to less experienced professionals and other relevant stakeholders.