Are you a successful, motivated and driven Events Manager? Are you ready to take the next leap and develop within an international environment? Our client is currently looking for an International Events Manager with a P.C.O. background who is willing to deliver high quality trade events from conception through to completion. If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, read on for more details!
- Manage the end to end delivery of each event within the events portfolio, ensuring all KPI's and objectives are achieved;
- Manage the full RFP process, including sourcing potential host destinations and venues, review and evaluation of proposals through to recommendations to Executive Management and Management Board;
- Negotiate and secure cost-effective supplier rates, commissionable hotel room blocks for on-sale to delegates and venues associated with all events;
- Monitor sales and actively drive attendance to the various events;
- Oversee all event marketing, communications and PR;
- Review existing events formats and implement improvements through interpreting research, improvements in process documentation and consultation with internal stakeholders;
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation;
- Specification and planning of all audio visual requirements;
- Organize facilities and manage all event details such as theming, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.;
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest.
- At least 5 years of experience in Event Management, preferably from a PCO background;
- Qualification in Event Management or related field;
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills;
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events;
- Strong budget management and negotiation skills;
- Excellent time management and communication skills;
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships;
- Ability to solve problems logically and strategically to ensure events are successful;
- Be prepared and able to travel internationally.
Ready for this challenge? We cannot wait to hear from you!
To keep up to date with new opportunities follow us @octagoncareers, Facebook, Linkedin or take a look at our website.
Octagon is a global-minded recruitment and HR services firm with 20+ years of experience in the European and international market. We help international companies with their recruitment needs, providing flexible solutions customized to fit each specific case. With internal functional specializations in the fields of Finance, IT, Sales & Marketing, Business Support (HR, Procurement, Legal, Support/Admin), we keep our expertise and knowledge up to speed with market developments to best utilize our large network of professionals and provide high quality services to our clients.