Are you a Senior Marketing and Sales Manager ready to take the next step in your career? Are you proactive and professional with excellent leadership and people management skills? Do you want to put your extensive international experience to use with a top-notch multicultural team? If so, this could be your dream job! Our client, a prestigious European Institution, is looking for a Senior Marketing and Sales Manager to head the department at their headquarters in the Amsterdam area. If this sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime, read on for more details!
- Develop sales strategies including: setting sales goals, conduct analyses to recommend whether the organisation will add or drop products, and determine which training services the organisation should emphasize based on ease of sale or gross margin;
- Create strategies for product development, pricing and price-indexation, promotions, discounts and distribution;
- Lead a team of approximately five colleagues (composed of one Communications Officer and approximately four Training Planning and Sales staff members), including assigning tasks and responsibilities, setting their quotas, monitoring their activities, managing their performance, giving them guidance, engaging and motivating them;
- Prepare guidelines related to the Sales and Purchase Cycles and Procedures for the Training Planning & Sales Team;
- Review partnership and cooperation agreements and propose revisions to the contractual information with partners in order to maximize transparency and successful activities;
- Create presentation content to highlight benefits of services to clients;
- Prepare revenue and activities reports, including expert analyses using various strategies such as the BCG matrix et al and learn the team to carry out such analyses together;
- Liaise with the Financial Manager, provide expert input from the marketing and sales perspective on financial reports, and act promptly to financial insights and overviews;
- Conduct marketing surveys on current and new service concepts;
- Conduct competitor analyses and periodically instruct the team on how to do it;
- Understand the products and services of the organisation but also of key-competitors; communicate differentiation and provide input to senior leadership;
- Work with the accounting and financial department to ensure credit checks are done quickly, orders are filled soon after they are booked, and training courses are delivered in a timely fashion;
- Participate in the periodical Senior Management meetings to provide updates on the department and sales & marketing insights when reporting to the Director.
- Mandatory: University Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA);
- Minimum 7 years of professional strategic sales & marketing experience;
- Fluent English (both written and spoken) Dutch is a pre;
- Willing to support and implement Director's decisions and organisational strategies;
- Highly skilled in solving conflicts within the department whilst remaining supportive of the organisation's implementations and policies;
- Visionary with the ability to think strategically, and make quick and accurate decisions;
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation comfortably, professionally and respectfully;
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects to deliver results on time and under budget;
- Client orientation: ability to see things from the client perspective, anticipating client needs and concern.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
To keep up to date with new opportunities follow us @octagoncareers, Facebook, Linkedin or take a look at our website. Octagon is a global-minded recruitment and HR services firm with 20+ years of experience in the European and international market. We help international companies with their recruitment needs, providing flexible solutions customized to fit each specific case. With internal functional specializations in the fields of Finance, IT, Sales & Marketing, Business Support (HR, Procurement, Legal, Support/Admin), we keep our expertise and knowledge up to speed with market developments to best utilize our large network of professionals and provide high quality services to our clients.