The BIM Technician has the following responsibilities
- Preparation of quality drawings and models, working under the supervision of others;
- Checking quality and accuracy of own work and others’ ensuring outputs meet the required standards;
- Manage working on a range of projects ensuring deadlines are met;
- Project and team administration duties;
- Contributing to project related correspondence and reports;
- Representative for the team/group at internal meeting.
The BIM Technician meets the following qualifications;
- Fully conversant in Revit, AutoCAD and/or Tekla;
- Current experience of working as a Technician in an engineering design environment;
- Significant experience in steelwork detailing / modelling;
- Significant experience in reinforced concrete detailing;
- Familiarity with BIM software including Navisworks/Solibri and ProjectWise;
- Proven success in contributing to a team oriented environment;
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential;
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges;
- Adheres to required Health & Safety procedures;
- Capturing the knowledge gained on the project, including client feedback, into the firm’s;
- Knowledge networks for wider dissemination;
- Following Arup policies and procedures.
BIM Technician needed for a company that is putting sustainability at the heart of its work. The company takes on complex, strategic projects that no other firm could deliver, and you could be part of their team! Within the role of BIM Technician, you provide technical support to the design team by preparing drawings and models on a variety of projects.