Tasks and responsibilities
The Marketing and Communications Officer is primarily responsible for a clear and unique positioning of the SCOPEinsight brand. You will prepare an actionable Marketing Strategy, with clear targets and outcomes. This can include preparing and writing marketing materials, such as newsletters, presentations, brochures – liaising with partners where necessary.
You will develop and maintain an inviting website, attracting substantial traffic for SCOPEinsight relevant target groups. You will maintain customer information, public relations and media contacts.
You will work with a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, in close cooperation with the Business Development team. This CRM system will support the smooth implementation of the Marketing Strategy and allow for a more targeted communication strategy. You will also, building on international partnerships, act as an account manager in supporting clients to implement the SCOPE tools in their strategy, which will provide them with the intelligence to become more successful.
You will set up a thought leadership plan which involves generating high quality content for the website, social media, external blogs, webinars, events, etc. in an effort to position SCOPEinsight as the leading provider of business intelligence and data analysis in agriculture.
You will make sure that SCOPEinsight’s mission and vision are understood both internally and externally and staff will live and breathe the brand.
You will be supportive to the management in optimising results and advising on how to achieve the ambitious growth path. You will also support the reporting of different projects and programmes, where necessary.
- see the opportunity to position a sustainable solution in a sector that is looking for new ways to increase impact and reduce risks;
- like coming up with new ideas, you take initiative and are analytical and practical at the same time;
- have a 'can do' and hands on mentality, are able to creatively come up with marketing ideas and solutions;
- are a self-starting, versatile, commercial and entrepreneurial professional with experience in Marketing & Communications;
- are a talented writer, allowing you to deliver a complex message in an understandable and comprehensive way;
- are creative and able to present ideas and concepts in an attractive and clear manner;
- are eager to build long-term relationships with partners and clients, as you understand that SCOPEinsight is successful if clients are successful;
- are inquisitive, like to get things done and actively seek to improve processes;
- like the challenge of multi-tasking various projects in an international context;
- have affinity with and believe in our mission
- Have an understanding or a strong interest in (sustainable) agriculture
- Minimum of 3 years work experience
- A qualified and committed person, who can take SCOPEinsight to the next level
- Independent personality, self-starting and self-motivating
- Interest in our field of work and enthusiastic about our mission
- Strong and proven Marketing and Communication skills
- Inspiring and convincing communicator in written and verbal presentation
- A hands on, accurate and practical mentality
- Understanding of the importance of an up-to-date website and social media, proven to build communities.
- Excellent skills in different software packages such as Office, especially PowerPoint, Client Relationship Management and Content Management System tools and Online Marketing Software (i.e. Mailchimp, Constant Contact) Knowledge of the power of social media
- Experience in international businesses is a pre
- Excellent knowledge and use of the Dutch and English language. Other languages such as French and Spanish are a plus.
- We offer a professional and informal working environment in a young and highly dynamic social enterprise, with a small team of motivated and highly collaborative colleagues.
- Exposure to high impact agriculture sector
- Opportunity to work with a diversity of international clients; impact investors, commercial value chain players, donor-driven organizations
- Company pension scheme
- Free lunch