Bedrijf: Conscious Hotels
- Based in the Netherlands, preferably Amsterdam and fluent in Dutch and English.
- Hospitality DNA, genuine, so no genetic modifications pls
- Extravert (outgoing personality) Not afraid to talk, able to connect. Not on market guy volume though
- Wants to save the planet, but no sustainability door bitch
- As all our F&B items are organic, you should have a lot of affinity with organic and sustainable trends.
- Egoist, not, team player of course
- Is not suffering from a lack of knowledge (Google provides half the answers ;-)
- Flexible (not necessarily in a gymnast way)
- You have some (significant) experience in (international) hotels or restaurants.
- You have a hospitality mind-set, the very meaning of the word.
- At least some higher education (you can read and think for yourself)
- Have experience in making great coffee
- Have knowledge of HACCP
A morning coffee, or evening wine, awesomeness, people and planet (sometimes profit) person
Exciting things are about to happen within Conscious Hotels! The next two years we will grow with no less than 2 hotels. Besides the existing Conscious Hotel Vondelpark and Conscious Hotel Museum Square, our 3rd hotel will open in the end of 2016 in Amsterdam; the 4th hotel will open beginning of 2018.
And within this new hotel, new F&B outlets are taking shape: Restaurant MOER and Eco-pastry Sticky Fingers.
As a F&B waiter/waitress, you will either be responsible for starting the day of our guest, help them pick a great breakfast & lunch and make sure they have everything they need. Or, if you are more an evening person, you can entertain our (local) guests for lunch and dinner at MOER.
You are service oriented, so keep providing service during the guests’ breakfast, lunch or dinner. You might be able to help them with some fun things to do in Amsterdam, or enlighten them about what we are doing (and why) here at Conscious Hotels. Guests are happy with you and know your name. You want to exceed their expectations, in service and value.
As we strive have a full restaurant every day of the week you need to be able to cope with the stress and pressure; but that’s part of what makes this job fun, right? Of course the bar/restaurant and kitchen needs to be properly stocked, so that is your job too. You make sure the lobby, bar and restaurant area is tidy, so our guests don’t trip over anything hazardous. We don’t want them to get hurt.
So, what are these places we love you to apply for?
Restaurant MOER is rugged, social and honest and when you step inside the restaurant feels instantly relaxed and like coming home. A place where the nostalgia of the old function (tire station) is subtly present, a place to come together casually, enjoy responsible food and where dining is a joint activity.
Restaurant MOER stands for transparency and personality. Waiters explain the daily specials at the table and about the farmer where the ingredients come from. They even finish some dishes at the table for an extra theatre aspect!
Sticky Fingers is a bit cheeky:
- Indulge yourself. Spoil your senses and tickle your taste buds. Mouth-watering treats, amazing coffee and good laughs. Take away or stay all day. It’s always a good moment to treat yourself.
- Leave it to us to make delicious, good-looking delights.
- No worries, just bite right in.
- We know it’s that good, so feel free to lick your fingers, you know you want to.
- Whatever your desire, savory or sweet, we have the perfect treat; any time, any plate. Nobody leaves without being spoiled.
We like our guest to start the day with our delicious 100% organic breakfast. The perfect antidote to stodgy, traditional 'who still eats that?' hotel food.
Oatmeal isn’t very glamorous. If it was in a boyband, it would be at the back (behind croissants and the fruit) with a slightly uncool hairstyle and nobody would know its name. But lucky for us the music career didn’t work out for oatmeal and it’s remained the great breakfast it was destined to be slowly releasing energy throughout the day. Yay, oatmeal!
And maybe the occasional event…
Did you visit our Beer Fest last January at the Amsterdam Hotel night? Then you know how epic our events can be. Wouldn’t you love to be part of that? With so many different options to show your F&B skills… we do not understand what you are waiting for, come join us!