Bedrijf: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
What are we looking for?
A Sales Director serving Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Has a proven track of sales successes.
- Is creative, enthusiastic and can think without a box.
- Can work under high pressure, is a self-starter and a team player who can communicate on different levels.
- Has analytical skills, is eager and is result driven.
- Has market knowledge of the Amsterdam region in The Netherlands.
- Is key in acquisition of new accounts as well as in managing and developing effective relationships with current clients.
- Can set short and long term business strategies with focused achievable actions and deadlines.
- Has excellent knowledge of the English and Dutch language in both oral and written communication.
- Has extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and preferably Delphi.
- Driver’s license.
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Hilton GO which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
A Sales Director MICE with Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam analyses the local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As Sales Director MICE, you will analyse local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Identify and contract new prospect accounts both in the MICE segment in order to achieve personal and hotel revenue targets.
- Develop and optimize share of wallet of accounts by extensive account management, liaising with global counter parts and building relationships with local contacts.
- Monitor performance on a monthly basis in order to review variances, pace and developments.
- Use analytical skills to analyse account performance and opportunities to share/explain in the commercial meeting.
- Perform site inspections and bookers presentations for accounts and prospects.
- Develop local SMRF market in order to grow market share and awareness.
- Weekly and Monthly updates on account development, lead generation and prospecting via sales reporting tools.
- Directly supports and reports to the Cluster Director of Business Development.
- Set up result-focused action plan for corporate entertainment and account management activities.
- Represent hotel in market during workshops, trade fairs and networking opportunities.
- Initiate creative sales races and blitzes in relevant markets and business areas.