As RF IC Design & Package Modelling Engineer you work on RF IC design [concept, architecture, topology, product development including qualification]. A main responsibility in your design work will be developing package models. These models include electrical RF properties derived with 3D EM tools and thermal behaviour, with inclusion of die and PCB interactions.
The focus is on releasing RF products on the market. Application targets are mainly products in the 1-6 GHz frequency domain.
2. Specifics of RF IC Design & Package Modelling Engineer function:
• Design RF IC products and work in multidisciplinary project teams to bring products to mass production and design-ins at the customers
• Work with multiple designers in structured projects
• Develop package models. These models include electrical RF properties derived with 3D EM tools and thermal behaviour, with inclusion of die and PCB interactions.
• Secure optimal specification set for the product under development. Secure completeness of the product requirement specification set.
• Translate the product requirements into optimal RF topology choices
• Translate & specify the relevant technology parameters to meet the product requirements
• Do RF IC product design and layout of own designs
• Give guidance to layout engineers to obtain layout with optimal performance
• Run design simulations to validate product performance using design kit models in realistic topologies
• Validate the DK models by measurements and analysis
• Run manufacturing corners and Monte Carlo analysis to secure manufacturability of product designs
• Secure spec compliancy reporting [ at tape out ] with clear conclusions wrt tape out quality
• Run measurements in the lab to validate designs
• Take care of design reporting
• Support other disciplines in the project teams, e.g. testing, quality, application
• Bachelor or Masters degree in (Electronics) Engineering
• Significant experience in RF IC Design
• Significant experience in RF package modelling using 3D EM tools
• Significant experience with modelling thermal behaviour of designs: die-package-PCB
• Experience with Cadence RF design environment
• Affinity with RF Packaging and Production Testing
• Fluent in English language both oral and written
• Preferably experience with RF Layout
• Preferably experience with analog IC design
Please contact – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren –