As a Sr. IT Project Manager in one of our Competence Centers you are responsible to fulfill IT Demand from our sectors. You will be responsible for project definition, project governance, project quality and execution and effective stakeholder management. Your key focus is on implementing IT solutions with a team of Architects, System Specialists and Business Key Users. You will have to create and lead the project team all while managing your triple constraint; Time, Budget and Scope.
In this particular project you will be migrating the SCADA system (IFIX) to our new data center, while at the same time upgrading it to the latest database, operating system and making it high available and creating a fail over.
- Creates a coherent, consistent Project Initiation Document (PID) and Project Execution Strategy (PES) that brings together the business need, the proposed solution, and the preliminary plan for scope, time and costs. These documents will serve as a proposal or contact document, which is used to get project sponsor approval,
- Executes pro-active stakeholder management during the project,
- Needs to be able to use project management tools, to schedule and track progress of the work performed.
- Defines clearly and unambiguously the IN and OUT scope of the project in terms of processes, deliverables, user groups, geographies, applications, data, etc.,
- Defines client needs and, from this, the scope of the project, in order to correctly and effectively determine specifications and allocate resources,
- Determines, based on scope, whether to subdivide major deliverables into smaller, more manageable projects,
- Defines project roles and responsibilities, deliverables, time estimates and resources (including personnel, technology and equipment),
- Ensures a clear and communicated RFC-procedure for scope changes is in place. Validates each RFC on impact on Scope, Budget, Time and Risk.
- Prepares and controls a project schedule that accurately reflects tasks, time estimates and resources (including personnel, technology and equipment) associated with each task,
- Identifies and manages internal and external dependencies, as well as cross project deliverables,
- Controls scope changes that affect the project schedule; revises the schedule as necessary. Reacts to changes as appropriate.
- Prepares a project budget, broken down by time period (phases), cost types (Capex, Opex), cost components (hardware, licenses etc.) and resources,
- Uses project management systems and tools to control the budget and expenses,
- Reacts and reports on changes and revises the budget as necessary,
- Provides the costing-side of the Business Case,
- Provides a clear foundation for the needed contingency budget, based on risk mitigation.
- Is responsible to understand the business requirements and ensures that 'the product' will satisfy these,
- Measures project deliverables on quality and completeness regularly to ensure that the project will satisfy the relevant quality standards,
- Captures lessons learned during the project and shares these pro-actively with Project Board at project phase gates and closure, and provides (mitigating) actions,
- Contributes to the development and implementation of quality standards.
Candidate is well acquainted with software development. Further requirements on candidate:
- HBO+ or Academic level education
- Minimal 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant experience and proven experience in large technical complicated development environments
- Very thorough understanding and practical experience with:
- Solaris and/or Linux Infrastructure
- Linux virtualizations techniques: Docker, VMWare, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Knowledge regarding management of large server and VDI environments
- Base Knowledge of storage, network and database solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong documenting capabilities
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible (occasional evening or weekend work) and committed to quality.
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Change-management competencies.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented.
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user.
- Have affinity with IT systems and structures and think in business process modeling terms.
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced application software skills, such as presentation, spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Startdate: October 1st 2016
- Enddate: December 31st 2016
- Location: Eindhoven
- Hour a week: Fulltime, 40 hours a week
If you are interested in this project please inform us with your update resume and motivation in English in Word format.