As Sales Director you are responsible for realising the sales of IHC Mission Equipment, managing people and stimulating talent (management), developing and ensuring implementation of policies and (best) practices for the department. You are contributing to the development of strategy one level higher, in line with IHC guidelines, (business)plans and strategic priorities. By doing so you ensure the realisation of (strategic) objectives of the department. IHC Mission Equipment is constructing highly complex and tailor made products, there is high visibility in the markets they serve and as a part of a construction proces the department somtetimes faces time pressure.
As the Sales Director, your responsibilities will include:
- developing, planning and driving the implementation of the IHC Mission Equipment sales strategy in alignment with the IHC strategy
- building better customer relationships, understanding their needs and satisfying customers without compromising company profits
- establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with existing and prospective customers and trading partners at the highest level
- closing deals under time pressure and identifying valuable emerging markets
- motivating the sales team and inspiring them to stay focused on the company's goals
- working in close association with the internal IHC business units
- ensuring the realisation of the annual plans, budgets and KPIs
- monitoring sales by using statistical information and taking the necessary actions to exploit successes
- communicating and sharing information
- reporting to the Executive Director of IHC Mission Equipment.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- an academic degree
- relevant experience in offshore, dredging and civil markets is a must
- demonstrable experience in business-to-business sales and marketing
- strong and visionary leadership qualities
- over 15 years of professional experience in sales and marketing
- change management experience in a complex environment
- ability to act with long-term perspective, manage complexity and deal with unexpected changes
- a target-driven approach
- an excellent command of English and Dutch, both written and spoken.
Terms of employment
Royal IHC offers you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Are you interested in the position of Sales Director Mission Equipment and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
www.twitter.com/ihcjobs www.facebook.com/royalihc www.linkedin.com/company/royalihc
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.
About Koninklijke IHC
IHC Mission Equipment is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about IHC please check: www.royalihc.com.