As a 1st and 2nd Line Support Specialist you will provide IT support to local staff, making sure all equipment and systems function properly. You will install, maintain, repair, diagnose and upgrade the relevant devices and equipment; all in a timely, accurate and customer focused manner.
Among your responsibilities:
• Perform analysis and diagnostics of problems and implement corrective solutions for end users.
• Provide on-site or remote technical support services for end users and act as next level escalation point which are not first call resolved through the IT Service Desk.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end user workstations, IP Phones and related hardware and software.
• Assist with server, network and audio/video equipment installations, troubleshooting and movement of existing equipment of these types when necessary.
• Assist with troubleshooting mobile devices for on-site and/or travelling users.
• Escalate unsolved issues/problems to tier 3 support team.
• Coordinate third party vendors for on-site maintenance and/or incident visits.
• Execute life cycle activities for end user workstation, IP Phones and related hardware.
• Assist with server, network and audio/video equipment lifecycles.
• Manage equipment inventory and keep administration of all equipment, their location and status.
• Perform physical asset validation.
• Educate others on IT best practice procedures.
• Coordinate and perform end-user training for special IT projects.
• Represent IT to the business for delivery of IT services at our sites.
• Communication and coordination with the business regarding IT cost transparency and potential savings.
• Participate in small/short-term projects supporting business activities, technology upgrades, rollouts, etc.
• Work assigned shifts and off-duty, on-call shifts as required.
The Support Specialist we are looking for is analytical, communicative, organized and a natural problem solver. Next to that we are looking for:
- working knowledge of hardware, equipment, components, devices and accessories;
- technical knowledge of current technologies (OS, standards, protocols, infrastructures);
- fluent in English both written and oral (any other European languages are a big plus).
Are you a customer focused, problem solving IT specialist who likes to help colleagues and who would like to work in a dynamic international environment? Then we are looking for you!
Our client, a leading global petrochemical company is looking for a First and Second Line Support Specialist for its European headquarters based in Rotterdam.