As a The Lead Consultant Networking you must have proven technical ability in LAN/WAN/WIFI design and implementation. You will be responsible for overseeing the design, architecture and implementation of medium to large multi-site, multi-vendor customer environments. The consultant will lead client visioning for future systems deployments, lead project teams, prepare scope documents and project plans, design and implement best practices for network deployment to ensure client investment in technology is consistent with their business objectives. The consultant will fill a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role for Network related matters. This role will assume a 50/50 ratio of consulting and hands on implementation/support.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Furthermore, knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are required. The consultant must be motivated with a focus on individual and team performance.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of Network solutions in a multi-platform environment.
- Maintain a close understanding of the business issues, operating procedures and priorities. Look for opportunities to improve organization's agility;
- Design and recommend network solutions to holistically integrate with current and planned infrastructure;
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems;
- Functions as a third level support resource on network products and problems that are in use;
- Participate in the development of Network technology strategies;
- Articulate new ideas and promote implementation of innovative Network solutions.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a relevant technical subject;
- At least fifteen years of experience in various IT / UC / Customer Service roles;
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with Cisco technologies or similar and Data Center Networks Design;
- Cisco certified at level CCNP+ (mandatory) preferable higher;
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification (or equivalent level) is preferred;
- Extensive Experience in developing dynamic networks with infrastructure redundancy to ensure high network availability and disaster recovery;
- Extensive experience in the design, configuration and implementation of large complex networks;
- Cisco routing and switching experience (including LAN/WAN/WIFI);
- Configure and maintain Virtual Private Network (VPN), Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE), Cisco NEXUS series, Cisco ASR, Data Center switches, Catalyst series, ACE and Firewall services modules;
- Understanding of advanced networking technologies and solutions including IPV6, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, OSPF, multicast, policy-based routing, ether-channel, QoS. load balancing, GSS, MDS Storage integration, collocation facility integration, DR integration, etc.
- Experience with multiple connected technologies (ie. Server/Network/Storage Virtualization, Windows and UNIX based operating systems, Orchestration, Automation, SDN) preferred;
- Reviews the customer's network looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the proven industry best-practices and architectures;
- Understanding of products and technologies of Cisco and at least one other vendor preferred;
- Strong people skills and the ability to be resourceful, as well as to make concise, independent and defensible decisions in often high-pressure situations;
- Strong customer relationship skills, ability to present to small/medium groups;
- Strong documentation skills;
- Excellent negotiation skills.
Wil je meer informatie of heb je vragen over deze vacature neem dan contact op met Femke Frowijn via – Klik op de solliciteer-button om te solliciteren – of bel 06-46928796.