As the Security Engineer, you work closely with the other Security engineers in the team, you will be challenged to leverage your technical security, tooling and process expertise, along with your ability to engage with business stakeholders in order to ensure a process of continual improvement of the Security Services for the information Security Office is maintained.
• Establish day-to-day maintenance activities (e.g. health checks, changes, incident response, software and hardware updates, performance tracking and status reporting) for POC and temporary Security tooling infrastructure
• Involved and contribute to the Identification, development, documentation and implementation of new security services or improvements of existing services.
• Introduce new concepts, technologies and products relevant to the Information Security Office services
• Translate demand for new security functionality or features in improvement advice, and actual security solutions, in close collaboration with expertise teams and vendors.
• Act as liaison between the Information Security Office with other relevant discipline and domains, for the Piloting, implementing and maintaining of Security Services. (e.g. Datacenter, Networking, Applications and most importantly Security Operations)
• Providing advice on solving security related challenges and proposing technological solutions.
• Leads and contributes practically on the technology and engineering side in key projects, ensuring their compatibility with the strategic direction
What We Are Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years in administering a multi OS (windows and Linux/Unix) IT infrastructure environment, with minimal 3+ years Linux/Unix
• Experience working with PERL, Python and SQL
• CISSP, GIAC, CEH or similar Information Security certification
• Experienced and effective in collaboration in international, multidisciplinary teams.
• Deep knowledge of IT / Information Security Technology, Tooling and processes
• Subject Matter Expert in designing, implementing and maintaining IT technology infrastructures in general and IT security solutions in particular.
• An out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys challenging situations and presents alternatives including recommendations that best fit the environment
• Knowledge and understanding of IT Security architecture, cyber attack methods and actors.
• In-depth knowledge of preventative, detective and responsive security concepts, technology, solutions and processes and their integration in the IT infrastructure and organization
• Analytical, solution and service oriented.
• Passionate with Information Security, respectfully assertive, accurate and flexible.
• Ability to be concise and clear in communication
• Excellent documentation skills
• Ability to work well in a team to accomplish departmental objectives
• 5+ years working in an multinational environment
• 5+ years in IT / Information Security Engineering roles
- Startdate: As soon as possible
- Duration: 3 months
- Renewal option: yes
- Location: Eindhoven
- Hours a week: Fulltime, 40 hours a week
If your are interested in this project please send us your update resume and motivation in English (Word format) before October 2nd.