Bedrijf: The Student Hotel Headquarters
- You love the challenge of developing a team and can share knowledge in a way that is best for the whole team;
- You are structured, accurate and professional in your work;
- You thrive on a dynamic, high-paced environment and can keep your head up even during busy periods;
- You own and take responsibility not only for your own tasks, but for those of your team too;
- You have a proactive, can-do attitude and get work done, also outside office hours;
- You live in or near Amsterdam.
- Around 3 years of experience as Team Leader Reservations;
- Bachelor diploma, preferably in hotel or tourism management;
- A natural team builder and leader;
- Strong in at least 2 foreign languages (fluent English & Dutch mandatory);
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience with property management systems is mandatory;
- Experience in revenue management is an advantage;
- Experience in an international environment is an advantage;
- Experience with MS Office is mandatory.
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, young, international organisation. Not just another hotel, we’re a game changing innovator: bringing hotel and student accommodation together in a modern, awesome way
- The chance to learn and grow in your role, with the potential for growth within or across the company
- Access to TSH facilities, including our awesome staff canteen and gym
- Cool events, fun colleagues, and all the regular salary/benefits
The Student Hotel is a brand new accommodation concept: part classic student resident and part funky design hotel for students-at-heart. We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this, we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life.
Our company is growing FAST with new locations popping up all over the continent (Florence! Berlin! Barcelona!). But we’re also expanding our existing spots by adding super cool elements like modern, flexible co-working spaces and meeting facilities. The focus is on creating a network that spans cultural and educational backgrounds so different people can connect, learn and collaborate. Every member of The Student Hotel works with real passion and positive vibes.
Are you in?
Great! Send your CV and short cover letter telling us why you’re made for this role.
Your Challenge: Leading an international team of Reservation Experts
You will work in an enthusiastic team of reservation experts in a challenging, international environment. You are the team lead as well as the connection point between your team and the Revenue Management, Operations and Sales departments.
Your Tasks as Head of Reservations
- Lead the daily operations of the Reservations Team;
- Translate strategic targets into tactical and operational team goals;
- Motivate employees and create a great team environment;
- Train, coach and check the daily tasks and performance of your team;
- Maintain optimal inventory allocation based on revenue strategies and implement this in your team;
- Give pro-active input on allocation, rate and distribution strategies to optimise revenue;
- Lead the move from manual to automated reservation handling;
- Prepare analysis and report on team revenue, conversion, efficiency and contact quality;
- Prepare and implement PMS for new locations (configuration, migration and documentation);
- Receive, process and follow-up contract conditions with partners (groups, corporate clients, trade and intermediaries) and register these in the reservation system;
- Lead weekly, monthly and quarterly team kick offs. Attend meetings with the different commercial departments.