The Business IT Cross Border Solutions (BIT CBS) is responsible for all IT activities for CBS within PostNL. International Mail Solutions (IMS) and Parcels International are developing to one new 'Cross Border Solutions (CBS)'. The new CBS will focus on selling cross-border mail, packets, parcels and value added services in several European countries, North America and Asia. The new CBS has approximately 900 FTE. The CBS has offices in Belgium, France, Spain, Canada, England, Italy, Hungary, Russia, Switzerland, Germany, Hong Kong and Singapore. The location of the BIT CBS is spread over two locations; The Hague and Hoofddorp.
Are you an Application Consultant with knowledge of logistic processes? Do you aspire an international job? PostNL offers you a challenging job in a dynamic and new team within the Cross Border Unit!
As Application Consultant you are responsible for managing changes to existing business applications within the established budget. You ensure realization and testing of these changes by the designated supplier, participating in projects for new or major changes to business applications. You are also responsible for the optimization of logistic processes. You handle RFC's, impact analysis, you solve service disruptions and are also responsible for correct documentation and proper implementation for changes and tests.
You build the bridge between business and supporting disciplines and take all aspects of the business into account. You also have a educational role and foresee new developments. You focus on Cross Border business processes with corresponding chain of business applications. You handle Business processes with extensive, complex and dynamic functionality, supported by a combination of SaaS solutions and custom-made applications. Furthermore you assess the IT solutions (SaaS and non-SaaS) delivered by suppliers on quality, functionality and costs.
You show yourself as a problem solving, conceptual thinking and analytical consultant with strong connecting skills and organizational awareness in addition to being decisive and result driven.
Responsibilities for the Application Consultant:
- Connecting the changing business requirements with the unique IT solutions realized by IT suppliers and used by Cross Border personnel and by customers of the Cross Border unit;
- Identifying the impact of the changes requested by users on the application landscape;
- Contributing to the solution of critical incidents in the service delivery based on the knowledge of the business applications and the relationship with the developers of the IT solution;
- Developing and maintaining the Cross Border systems that link client processes to the Cross Border operational networks;
- Managing small projects implementing new releases and functionality, being responsible for the project from start to finish, including planning and budget.
- University/HBO degree in business informatics or equivalent experience;
- 3 - 8 years experience in either a postal/logistics or e-commerce environment and you like to work in an international environment;
- Experience with Cross Border business processes and IT solutions in addition to design methods and techniques for applications and data;
- Experience with test management and requirements engineering processes/practices;
- Analytical skills needed for impact analysis and solving severe disruptions of IT services;
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of at least one other language and good communication skills, relates easily to internal and external customers;
- Strong network, relationship building skills and an openness to social, commercial and cultural differences.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary between EUR 3.145,- and EUR 4.995,- gross per month on the basis of a 37 hours week;
- 25 holidays;
- Attractive Pension benefits;
- A challenging position within an International Department;
- This is a new team with many possibilities to form this role and the team;
- Room for personal development through education and training;
- Attractive discounts on travel, cultural evens and electronics;
- Possibility to work according the ‘new working rules” time and place independent;
- Work location: The Hague.
If you would like more information about this position or the application procedure, please contact Jordi Spijker, PostNL Professional Recruitment via number 06 28 251 404.
To apply for this position, please use the apply buttons. Applications via email will not be taken into considerations unfortunately.
Acquisition further tot his advertisement is not appreciated.