Bedrijf: Hilton Worldwide NL
What are we looking for?
A Bar Manager serving Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Previous Bar experience and minimum 1 year managerial experience in similar role (and minimum 2 years supervisor experience)
- Strong knowledge of (hotel) bar environments
- Driven to meet departmental and F&B targets
- Excellent knowledge of beverages, cocktails and spirits
- Mixology background
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to coach and develop a team
- Positive and outgoing attitude and natural motivator
- Able to think out of the box and be creative
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Fluent in the English language, speaking and writing
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Degree in Hotel Management or equivalent
- Fluent in the Dutch language, speaking and writing
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will be able to enroll in the GO Hilton program which offers reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus F&B discounts at Hilton hotels in The Netherlands. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would benefit from working for a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
A Bar Manager with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for managing and offering a high quality service in the bar to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while achieving departmental targets.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brands reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because its with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
As a Bar Manager, you are responsible for managing the operations of the bar to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A Bar Manager would also be required to manage, train and develop team members and work within all budgeted guidelines. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage the daily operations in the bar and if necessary other F&B outlets
- Communicate and delegate tasks to the team
- Maintain exceptional levels of customer service
- Recruit, manage, train and develop your team
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Work within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food & Beverage Cost and Payroll
- Drive sales to maximize budgeted revenue and contain costs identifying any areas for action
- Develop bar menus and other promotional offers with the bar team
- Accountable for monthly stock takes
- Incentivize team members to maximize sales and revenue
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated and distributed
- Conduct annual and mid-year appraisals with team members under your responsibility
- Check that Guest service standards are being met, implemented, monitored and continuously evaluated
- Demonstrate a perfect knowledge of beverages (incl. wines, spirits and cocktails), especially in regards to gin & jenever
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Be environmentally aware
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation