SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
Our client is a professional Food organization, based in Utrecht Netherlands.
Our client is a large food ingredient company specialised in flavours en food specialties
The R&D Manager leads technical programs and resource requirements for strategic and tactical development activities. Making technical recommendations to management used as a basis for business decisions. Develops plans for research activities on multiple disciplines throughout the supply chain. Plans, organizes, and executes investigations involving unique problems and complex issues which may impact multiple areas of specialization. Delivers value upon milestone planning with bold objectives.
• Responsible for the identification and exploration of new technical innovation opportunities.
• Provide leadership to key projects with R&D to support business objectives.
• Achieve timely and efficient completion of research objectives.
• Identify and coordinate manpower and physical resources.
• Independently conceives, plans, and conducts research, which could have considerable influence on scientific knowledge, technological and process developments.
• Make path for new product development and renovation of the product portfolio
• Create significant technology improvement in the total supply chain and sustainability performance
• Build and defend Intellectual Property
• Interact with stakeholders, including peers at the US Research center and international research organizations.
• Search and translate innovation opportunities
• Anchor fundamental knowledge and insights in the broader organization
• Maintain relation with key-stakeholders (accounts, suppliers, growers) to serve their latent / future needs
• Stay aligned with latest global scientific and search insights
• Plan, execute and monitor approved R&D projects
• Manage the portfolio of research projects and activities
• Lead external resources such as research centers and PhD candidates
• Master in Food or Bio Science or related field plus min 8 years work experience, of which 3 in a similar position preferably in the food industry.
• PhD is a pre
• Strong quantitative and MS Excel skills
• Project leadership and program management experience.
• Excellent communication skills, ability to inspire and create commitment throughout the organization.
• Knowledge of Intellectual Property building
• Demonstrated aptitude for developing plans and completing tasks to project deadlines
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Paul van Voorst.