All 20,000 employees at FrieslandCampina share a single passion: getting more out of milk and aim to help people move forward in life. With our brands - over 30 - we reach millions of people in more than 100 countries. FrieslandCampina consists of a number of business groups and operating companies with offices all around the world. The head office is located in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
FrieslandCampina Ingredients is a business group comprising of 6 operating companies and 15 production plants spread over the Netherlands, European countries, Asia and the US and is recognized as a world leader in the production of ingredients, base powders and total formulas for the Infant Nutrition market as well as ingredients for use in Medical and Cell nutrition: www.frieslandcampinaingredients.com.
Business Group Ingredients develops, produces, markets and sells on a B-to-B basis an extensive portfolio of high-quality, primarily whey and milk-based ingredients and semi-finished/finished products. This includes consumer packaging for the B-to-C market of some of our customers. Innovative production processes are developed and implemented through structured execution of projects and programs using in-house, Corporate and External R&D, Engineering and Technology resources.
Ingredients Projects and Technology Excellence Center (IPTEC) is responsible for the turn-key delivery of about 50-60 active CAPEX-projects in parallel per year. The total annual investment of these projects are about 200-250 M€ and the total Estimate At Completion (EAC) is around 800-900 M€. The projects are executed at 15 different locations, spread over the Netherlands, but also in other European countries, Asia and the US.
As a Commissioning and Start Up Manager, you are responsible for the successful execution of the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up activities in accordance with contractual requirements and project objectives in terms of safety, quality, budget and schedule of complex, multidsciplinary Capex projects or programs (>1.5 mio and <100mio) involving multiple parties.
As Commissiong and Start Up Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Act as the linking pin between the CSU team and the Location Operational organization (operation maintenance, technology, QA etc)
- Undertake the phases, activities and tasks within specified time, cost and quality constraints to deliver the required project outcome and achieve Project managers satisfaction.
- Manage the relation with a large variety of (groups of) stakeholders on operational level and manages opposite interests
- Participate in significant or complex, possible international, high risk projects, using standard procedures concerning the execution of the project.
- Be contact person (intensive) for the location during the commissioning phase
- Execute projects, coordinate the activities of the project team members, monitor progress of projects and compliance with the project plan, manage and mitigate project risks and resources, create risk awareness among stakeholders, manage stage-gates and adjust project plan when necessary
- Deliver the projects in line with project objectives, budget and planning, discuss project results with business, hand over project to line management when necessary and evaluate the project with all involved stakeholders
- Create support for the Commissioning and Start Up phase approach (objectives, planning etc), update and consult relevant stakeholders regularly, manage expectations of relevant stakeholders during execution, involve stakeholders in decision making and build and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders
- Ensure periodical project management reporting, quantitative and qualitative, according to defined formats and project management guidelines
- Keep up with relevant project management methods and techniques and optimize the implementation of and support for these at FrieslandCampina
- Functionally lead, coach, develop members of the own project team, and give input for appraisal
As a successful Commissioning and Startup Manager, you will know what it's like to advice, convince, solve problems and communicate in a professional way, both written and oral in English and Dutch. You're known to behave with tact with the commercial and cultural aspects which may differ per partner, customer and/or contractor. You're able to develop and maintain relations with partners, customers and contractors, obtain relevant information concerning project plans, stay in contact with third parties to increase professional knowledge and disseminate this knowledge within FrieslandCampina.
Next to this, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- BSc or MSc degree
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of Commissioning & Start-Up management, like CSU manager/engineer, project manager, manager Operations or manager Technical Services within Food, Chemical or Pharma
- Knowledge of HAZOP and HACCP
- Knowledge about Dairy processes and technology
- Knowledge about qualification and validation protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- VCA VOL
- Experience with MS Projects
- You are fluent in English and Dutch
Salary and Benefits
At FrieslandCampina, we consider it important for our people to continue to grow. After all, your development is not only good for your career; our products also benefit from it. That's why we invest in relevant training courses in your particular discipline. The mutual exchange of knowledge between colleagues is also evident on the work floor. It is, after all, the most effective way to learn.
If you are interesteed in this challenging opportunity, we hereby invite you to apply. Applications are (only) possible via the website.
If you have any further questions about the above-mentioned position, or you would simply like to know more about FrieslandCampina, please do not hesitate to contact Yosif Chentouf, on +31(0)6 2569 5322.
Acquisition related to this vacancy will not be appreciated.
Recruitment agencies are requested not to respond to this advertisement.