At Plaxis we develop scientific and engineering software both as off-the-shelf products and custom designs. The Software Engineering team is involved in research, product definition, software development and high-end services. Due to an increase in projects we are currently looking for:
Project Manager Software Engineering (0,8 - 1,0 FTE)
The main task of the project manager is to lead our High Tech software engineering projects. This includes project within our off-the-shelf products as well as the development of specific customized software.
The project manager is responsible for leading projects to successful completion, including aspects such as planning, progress and budget monitoring, reporting, team coordination and risk assessment. As project manager you will be involved in all phases of the software development cycles and you will work closely together with your project team members from the Competence Centre Geo-Engineering, Software Engineering and Quality Assurance Department. You are not expected to contribute code yourself.
- Professional or academic educational background
- Proven experience in managing challenging software development projects and teams with an agile approach
- Knowledge of software development tools (code versioning, code reviewing, unit testing, bug tracking, continuous integration, automated system testing, etc.)
- Excellent leadership and strong communication skills
- Proficient, both verbal and writing, in English
- Residing in The Netherlands and in possession of a valid work permit
- Affinity with or interest in physics, civil/mechanical engineering or other simulation-related fields
- Knowlegde of C++, Python and Delphi
- competitive salary and benefits
- stimulating innovative and knowledge-driven work environment
- opportunity to work on prestigious international projects
- Our Joel test score is 11 out of 12
- advanced, quality-oriented workflow with distributed version control, automated build and test environments and code reviews
- be part of one or the top 5 most successful Dutch software company according to Main/ICT-Office Software Top 50.
How to apply
Fill in the form on our website (http://bit.ly/29LGovW) and send an application letter stating your motivation for this job, together with your resume (CV) or send all the required documents, to vacancies[at]plaxis.com (statingvacancy number 16-21)
Plaxis bv is a growing high-tech company in computational geomechanics, focused on developing, marketing and supporting the PLAXIS finite element software for soil and rock analyses. Our applications are used all over the world by thousands of engineers faced with challenging construction projects (for example foundations of high rise buildings, tunnels, offshore installations, and dikes).
Plaxis is an organization with a young international team and is based in a modern new office on the campus of Delft University of Technology.
Additional information can be obtained from Andrei Chesaru, Manager Software Engineering or Karin Hijma, HR Manager via +31(0)15-2517756.