Would you like to contribute to brining the operational excellence of one of the top employers in the Dutch ICT industry to the next level? Are you able to take the lead in implementing new standards based on industry best practices? Then perhaps you are the Application Engineer we are looking for.
In this role you will be jointly responsible for the operation and administration of a large ERP type application, developed in house using PHP and MySQL. This is a new role in the company, meaning that you will have significant influence in the way the application is managed in the future. You will be teaming up with a colleague who comes from the Development team, so there will be no shortage of practical knowledge about the code structure and the technologies. What you add is your knowledge of industry best practices concerning the professional operation and maintenance of large business applications.
Your responsibilities will include testing and implementing new releases, drafting and updating technical support documentation and performance monitoring.
We are looking for a strongly communicative person, who will be able to generate a broad commitment for the structure of operations for this key application. Your effective communication with the Development team, Product Owner and operational colleagues will make the difference between simply good enough and smooth excellence. Your background will look similar to:
- At least 3 years of experience in Application Engineering or a similar (Dev)Ops role;
- Familiar with open source environments (Linux, Apache, nginx, NFS, MySQL);
- SysOp knowledge level of Linux and MySQL;
- Prior experience with PHP, meaning you need to at least be able to read the code;
- Experience with ITIL processes;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Our client is recognized as one of the top places to work in their field. Listed below are some of the key characteristics of what they can offer you:
- The chance to work as part of one of the fastest growing and most successful companies in the industry;
- A warm, informal and personable culture with plenty of fun activities to strengthen the bond in the team;
- Room for personal initiative and personal growth;
- Excellent communication facilities on their own network and services;
- Great remuneration package with solid pension plan;
- Excellent arrangements for travel costs and room to invest in your knowledge through extra studies.
In summary: a comprehensive package of interesting and challenging work, fun, and reward.