As Financial Controller Capital Reporting you will provide meaningful, high-quality management information to support the board’s decision making process The Financial Controller will also be analysing and reporting the development of the Capital position (actual and forecast). The job holder reports to the Senior Financial controller Capital Reporting - team lead who reports to the Head of Financial and Risk Reporting &Analysis (FRR&A). The Head of FRR&A reports to the Corporate Controller. You possess excellent analytical skills and problem-solving ability. You have a strong personality, you are hands-on and you are able to work independently. The position is located in The Hague.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Contributing to the completion of the Capital Report to the Management Board and the Supervisory Board (yearly budget, quarterly actual/forecast) based on Aegon’s Risk and Capital Policies, Rating Agency measures and Local Regulatory measures.
• Analysis and reporting of development of Capital position (actual and forecast) and capital sensitivities in main country units including Operating Free Cash Flow analysis.
• Engage with Risk reporting and Capital reporting staff actuaries and the wider Group Risk team in analysis and review of Risk and Capital information from units.
• Responsible for preparation of instructions of Capital related sections for quarterly reporting cycle and Budget/MTP.
• Analyze, review and report on the regulatory Group Capital Position (Solvency I and Solvency II) to internal and external stakeholders. Ensure adequate reflection of capital instruments under Solvency II in Aegon’s capital position.
• Performing scenario analysis for ad-hoc projects relating to capital management and business development.
• Work together with capital analyst and act as liaison with country units and relevant Group Staff departments (Business Development, Investor Relations, Capital Management, Group Legal) regarding group capital position.
• University graduate with 5 to 7 years relevant experience in the Financial Services industry.
• Knowledge of Capital Management Frameworks and skills/familiarity with Rating Agency Models.
• Familiarity with Solvency I & II.
• Knowledge of the US regulatory environment is an advantage.
• Strong communication skills and team player.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines without compromising quality.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability .
• Hands on mentality .
• Understanding of capital markets and financial instruments.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills